The MT-07 Forum

This explains well

faffi

- why I - and most of you - love our FZ07s. And why the Z900 likely will feel boring. And why the FZ09 probably offer even more of the fun stuff than the 07. If that's even possible.

topazsparrow

From what I can tell, at the FZ-09 price point, people are looking for something a little more refined.

There's certainly a large following of people that love the FZ-09 for it's raw, hooligan nature, and the 2nd gens carry significant improvements, but I don't think the 09 will dominate it's weight class like the 07 has.

The FZ-07 gets everything right for it's price point. The FZ-09 seems to try for the same thing, but has stiffer competition and the same drawbacks it shares with the FZ-07 seem much more apparent in that environment.

Tried the 09 at demo day recently. Liked the speedometer position. Hated the chicken shat starter switch(same as 07).
Felt like I was sliding into the tank all the time.
Lots of grunt! Light on the front end!

It's so so quiet. Was tricky trying to give it a little gas to get moving. Never stalled it but I was revving higher than necessary.

Not buying one any time soon but am sure it would be fun.

• 4 months later...

I agree with the last guy. That's what I loved about my 07 was the low end power and usability. Oddly enough I have been eyeing the Z900 as my next bike if I can't find a decent 07. Everyone around here seems to think a one or two year old 07 only depreciates $100-200 off of msrp regardless of mileage 600 or 8000 miles...

As much as I hate to say it, because I hate transverse i4motors on motorcycles, but the pick of those 3 is the Suzuki. The 750 is a gem of a motorcycle ...stock.

However the 09 is a better bike once sorted IMHO ( and the throttle/fuelling NEEDS sorting).

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

i don't understand a word of what they are saying haha. i actually owned a 16 mt09 (fz09) previous to my 07 and its a real peppy bike. also had the kawasaki z650 and its just to boring. the z900 ive only have demoed and its a pretty nice bike. gsxs 750 ive also have demoed and its lacking a bit in the power department and is to revvy. 

slangklamman,

Funny you should say that about the Suzie. I found it a pleasant midrangey bike for an i4. It felt like they were trying to make a rideable bike rather than a boy racer. Way more pleasant than the 600 or the 1000 except on a race track.

I am interested on your thoughts on the differences between the 09 and the 07, from an owners perspective though, seeing you have actually owned both.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived