The MT-07 Forum

I had an R3 for two weeks...

myrcode

And couldn't pass up a deal on an armor grey and green FZ07!

....and I really wanted one.

I did a quick ride on the FZ09 and although it was fast, it didn't fit me quite as well (I'm only 5'5") and was heavy.

Here she is!

Total was about $6,300 out the door with 0 miles on the odometer.

IMG_20170517_135549.jpg

• Premium Member

welcome and congrats!
from the title , I was expecting a review of the r3. :P

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club!

What made you choose the FZ-07 after having an R3 for 2wks?

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Welcome to the club! 
What made you choose the FZ-07 after having an R3 for 2wks?

Thanks!  

Well my original plan was to ride the R3 for a long while and at some point pick up an FZ-09 for fun and keep the R3 as a commuter.

When I picked up my R3, I stopped by a buddies house and let him ride it.  He'd been out of motorcycles for a while and apparently it re-ignited his interest.  The next weekend he found an old Yamaha Vmax 1200 that he wanted to pick up.  While we were at the dealership, I sat on a few different bikes and liked the way the FZ-07 and FZ-09 felt / looked.  The ones at that dealership were listed for full MSRP, so I was just casually browsing Craigslist and stumbled on two dealerships that had discounted new 2016s.

The R3 was nice and peppy, but I kind of wanted something with a little more oomph on the freeway.  I found myself having to change gears quite a bit to get enough movement on the R3 to merge and pass.  It wasn't horrible, but I wanted to have something had a little more in reserve.  On the street, for normal traffic the R3 was perfectly fine.  

I had another friend that used to have an R3 that was totaled (he was rear ended), so I reached out to him to see if he had any interest in mine and now I'm here!

I did ask the dealership to let me test ride an FZ-09.  It just verified what I thought about it - it's a fast bike, but it's power I don't need and it feels too big and heavy for me (I'm only 5'5").   I think the FZ-07 is going to be with me for a while.  I love the way it looks (once the ET turn signals and hideous fender are gone) and it's got enough power to keep me happy.  

[span]   

[/span]

• Premium Member

Yea the stock turn signals are FAA approved flotation devices ?...

The FZ-07 is multi purpose canvas from which forum members who have turned em into potent track bikes to doomsday bikes to ppl clocking over 75k plus miles just running around the US ?...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Welcome and congrats! If only those darn blinkers were clear lens w/amber bulb they might not take such a verbal beating, poor thangs! Which brings up the question, can the stock, pumpkin, blinker lens be replaced with clear? 

Beemer

• Premium Member

Congrats!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

If finances allowed you should have kept the R3. It would make a great track bike.
I wish I could...I've thought about getting another one later on if I really get into track days. I'm still trying to get some good riding experience.

Only 200 miles on the r3 and 50 so far on the fz07 total.

DAAMN! $6,300 out the door? Mine cost me $8,400. Lol
Yeah....that's why I swapped out the r3 so quickly!

Found a good deal, no sales tax in OR, and license and fees are cheap in my county.

I walked in cash in hand and best I could do was 7,400ish out the door with taxes. That's a crazy good deal! You absolutely won't regret it. The 07 can do everything, and do make it fun in the process!

• 2 weeks later...

Where abouts in Oregon are you. I live up in the Portland area and love seeing other fz-07's cruising around!

Where abouts in Oregon are you. I live up in the Portland area and love seeing other fz-07's cursing around!
Currently in Happy Valley. Where about are you?

• Premium Member
If finances allowed you should have kept the R3. It would make a great track bike.
^This...ask me how I know... 
;)

- Paul

Archived