The MT-07 Forum

Is the O2 sensor working ?

seega7

Removed the O2 sensor when I installed the Akra Carbon exhaust and EJK. I remember having a tough time figuring out how to unclip the connector and I deformed it a little before I was able to remove it. Just removed the EJK and put my flashed ECU in. Per 2WDW recommendation I reinstalled the O2 sensor. The connection no longer "snaps" in and it appears it can fit together one of two ways now. Any advice on how to know if it is working ? Thanks

[div]All I would know to do myself since I don't have the tech savvy or instruments to tell for sure is to ride it and see how it performs. If it runs worse than before that should be enough to know something isn't working right. (the 02 sensor) Then I would see about getting a new clip/harness for the sensor. (I've heard tales about duct/electrical tape)[/div]

Beemer

With a standard ecu mine runs slightly better with the 02 disconnected but there's not much in it,
it does not put the fault light on but maybe uses slightly more fuel. can you see any colors on the
wires if so can you not match them up, it's a wile since I looked at mine so cant remember.

It's a bad idea to get this plug backwards if it's possible to do so

If it's a 4 wire sensor, 2 wires will be grounds, a 3rd wire will carry 12V from the loom to operate the heating element and the 4th wire will send low voltage back to the ECU. Mix them up and bad things can happen

Not looked at mine, but these plugs are usually keyed some how or other so that they can't go back together backwards. Have a close look at both the sensors plug and the one on the harness and look for a spline on one and a mating slot on the other - or something similar.

Even if you have to peel back the jackets - have a look at the color coding of the wiring. Sometimes they will match up.

Removed the O2 sensor when I installed the Akra Carbon exhaust and EJK. I remember having a tough time figuring out how to unclip the connector and I deformed it a little before I was able to remove it. Just removed the EJK and put my flashed ECU in. Per 2WDW recommendation I reinstalled the O2 sensor. The connection no longer "snaps" in and it appears it can fit together one of two ways now. Any advice on how to know if it is working ? Thanks
Thanks for the advice guys ! I will have a closer look at it today. 

Just got back from a short ride and everything seems fine. Bike runs strong and the flash has reduced engine braking. Also, it is shifting through the gears more smoothly which is exactly what I was looking for.

Archived