The MT-07 Forum

How many miles do you get from your consumables

botticelli

• Premium Member
botticelli

Lets get some numbers up, for your REAL work life on the FZ-07 specifically

Chain and sprocket - 12k, 24, 36 - So 12k a set (sprockets are ok at 12k but all my dank wheelies are stretching these chains!) I always change the chain and 2 new sprockets together

Front break pads - Changed at 20k and 40k - 20k

Rear pads - never changed in 43k

Airfilter - 20k - 40k - 20k a filter

Spark Plugs - 18k, 36k,

Lets keep tires out of this its a bit too variable.

'16 FZ07

• Premium Member

So far I got 15k miles on OEM chain/sprocket and still going...

Spark plugs changed out @15k miles

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Do you speak in general, or for the MT/FZ07? In general I expect to get 25k from chain and sprockets, but the most I have ridden a motorcycle of mine is 20,000 miles. I have never worn out a set of brake pads, not even remotely, but have replaced plenty that was worn out on used bikes I've bought. Considering the typical wear I have experienced, I would say at the very least 50k miles, probably a lot more. Using the brakes only slow you down :D

Air filter whenever the manual calls for replacement or cleaning, depending on type.

Spark plugs ever 6-12k for cheap stuff, meaning whenever there are signs of ignition breakup or poor starting. Up to 50k should be possible with platinum spark plugs.

Oil and filter once per season, usually around 5k miles, but since I only ride longer distances I wouldn't worry to keep the oil for up to 10k miles should my season be longer. With air cooled engines, I replace the oil every 3-5k.

Brake fluid every 2 years.

Fork oil every 2 years.

I got 23k outta the chain I just replaced today. Spark plugs 12k then 20k. Air filter 14k. Miles..

Chain & sprockets - good to go!

Front brake pads - gtg!

Rear pads - gtg!

Air filter - changed out at about 6k miles (not first air filter change) with a K&N air filter. Now I just wash out and re-lube my filter when necessary.

Beemer

Archived