The MT-07 Forum

Mad Hornets Shorty Levers are very loose

brokenhat

Hi, does this look normal, I wouldn't think so? Thanks!

[video src=https://vimeo.com/218679258]

bigdaddybane
Hi, does this look normal, I wouldn't think so? Thanks! 
[video src=https://vimeo.com/218679258]
Mine are the same ... tried to tighten everything up but there's still a big up and down play. They work just fine and I got used to it :) 

Not real sure what a mad hornet is but I have basically the same levers and, as stated, there is a lot of play in them. I used a pair of tweezers to hold the nut on the bottom and whatever size allen that is (see below) to tighten it up but they're still floppy.

Capture.png

I had the same exact problem with the mad hornets. I ended up swapping them for crg rc2 shorties. I highly recommend them, no slop.

I had the same exact problem with the mad hornets. I ended up swapping them for crg rc2 shorties. I highly recommend them, no slop.
So much more money though, I thought the MH's would be a good middle ground between the eBay specials and the CRG's.  :(

So much more money though, I thought the MH's would be a good middle ground between the eBay specials and the CRG's.  :(

You would hope, but from what I've seen on the forum it's one or the other, generally.

• Premium Member

@brokenhat The generic ones I bought came with thin washers to be used as shims if needed. Perhaps you can find some thin washers?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I've got the TST Industries Womet-Tech shorty levers...there a bit more for the set but have absolutely no play

I've got the same version from Amazon and they are sloppy. That old saying about buying cheap stuff is true...

Archived