The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar rear brake lever.

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

Okay so sit down wheelies are a piece of cake now and I've gotten balance point down but standing up and trying (to me at least) it feels like the bikes going to shoot out from under me so my standing turns into almost a sit down on the rear seat. That being said I don't want to loop my bike going 50 down some road. I want to learn slow speed stunting. I tried to stand on just the pegs and wheelie and it felt so much more natural but I'm not willing to do it constantly without protection of the rear brake.

So to my question, does anybody know where you can find a rear brake lever for the rear tire on the handlebars for our bike??? Been looking everywhere and can't find one.

The dealership around me is part of a stunt group and I've been invited to watch and they said they'll teach me but I want that lever first..

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the stunt guys control speed and braking mostly with good throttle & clutch control not a hand actuated rear brake.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

mjdavis1994
I'm pretty sure the stunt guys control speed and braking mostly with good throttle & clutch control not a hand actuated rear brake.
They do control a lot of it with throttle control but I'd just be more comfortable with popping it up straight to balance point with that lever. 

• Global Moderator

When I was at a motorcycle show last year I was looking at the stunt bikes. They had an extra caliper on the rear wheel rotor with a hand lever. They also had very large rear sprockets. This was on Street Triples.

• Premium Member

The only reason I forsee them using a handlebar rear brake lever is if the stunt does not allow for using the foot control...most stunt riders I know also have an idle control knob to set the idle high for low speed stunts

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Where would you put the rear handlebar brake, seeing you use the clutch on the left, and front brake on the right hand?

mjdavis1994
Where would you put the rear handlebar brake, seeing you use the clutch on the left, and front brake on the right hand?

It get turned at an angle above the front brake, with a shorter lever.

• Premium Member

If commercially available, why wouldn't your stunt buddies know??? Did you ask them?

Archived