The MT-07 Forum

Looking for OEM LED flasher load resistor

Hey all, first post here. I recently bought a 2017 FZ-07 and decided to toss some of the Yamaha OEM LED accessory turn signals on it. I originally decided to use an LED flasher relay instead of the included load resistors, but the relay has a solid 1-2 second delay before activating the turn signals, so I ultimately decided to just install the load resistors with the OEM relay. The problem is I hacked apart one of the resistors when I decided I wasn't gonna use it.

Any chance anyone here has a spare they'd sell me? I ran a quick search and saw that at least a couple members here have installed these with LED flasher relays.

Sorry to hijack, but my bike has a relay for digital indicators with a delay, and I've meant to ask for a long time whether the stock relay has delay or not when running stock indicators?

The stock relay and turn signals have no delay--you hit the switch and the turn signal lights up immediately. It turns out the LED flasher relays have this delay because they use a capacitor to set timing, and it needs a moment to charge when you activate your turn signals.

• Global Moderator

I do not have a delay with my electronic relay (I have the Custom LED one). I prefer the relay over resistors as I do not want resistors heating up when I am waiting at a stoplight in the summertime.

I do not have a delay with my electronic relay (I have the Custom LED one). I prefer the relay over resistors as I do not want resistors heating up when I am waiting at a stoplight in the summertime.

Yeah, this was my motivation for going the relay route in the first place. I think I'll send those guys a message and ask about their relay's design.

I also have no delay using the TST LED relay

Man, I'm using the TST RLYG2 and the delay is well in excess of 1 second. Looking at their FAQ's, some delay seems to be expected. I think I'll send them a message. I don't know, maybe my delay is longer than it's supposed to be.

I'll double check mine tonight and see if I can get a video. Maybe mine is a second​and I never noticed

I also have no delay using the TST LED relay
Man, I'm using the TST RLYG2 and the delay is well in excess of 1 second. Looking at their FAQ's, some delay seems to be expected. I think I'll send them a message. I don't know, maybe my delay is longer than it's supposed to be.
Here's the video of mine.

There is a slight delay, but it's less than a second.

Mine is more severe, although I do not know the brand. It was like that with LED front/stock rear, and now stock/stock indicators.

Thanks for the video! That delay is way shorter than what I'm seeing. My relay came from TST with a much slower flash rate, and they do say in their FAQ's that speeding up the flash rate reduces the delay. My bike's in torn apart at the moment, but once I get it back together I think I'll increase the flash rate on the TST relay and see if I'm happy with where that puts the delay.

you can have my stock relay. send me a msg dewk2@yahoo.com

Thanks for the offer, but I still have mine. I'm trying to get rid of the LED hyperflash.

The speed of that turn signal is from a setting on the Proton LEDs. I left the TST relay on the default setting and without changing the Proton LED flash setting, it was a slow flash - similar to the stock lights.[span]    [/span]

The speed of that turn signal is from a setting on the Proton LEDs. I left the TST relay on the default setting and without changing the Proton LED flash setting, it was a slow flash - similar to the stock lights.[span]    [/span]

Ahh okay. I guess nothing changes then--I'm still gonna get a hold of the guys at TST. Thanks.

FYI for any interested, after seeing myrcode's video I decided to increase the flash rate on my TST relay just a little bit, and it reduced the initial delay dramatically. Much better!

FYI for any interested, after seeing myrcode's video I decided to increase the flash rate on my TST relay just a little bit, and it reduced the initial delay dramatically. Much better!
Good to hear!

Archived