The MT-07 Forum

Shinko 009 Raven tires......anyone?

dewski

The stock rear PR3 on my bike are getting to where I need to start thinking replacement.  I had planned to do the PR4 but have run Shinkos on my big RoadStar cruiser for the past few tires and really liked them.  I'm leaning towards the Shinko 009 Raven.  Price is great and all the reviews I have read have been 95% positive. 

Anyone running this tire on their FZ?

http://www.compacc.com/p/shinko-009-raven-radial-tires-z-rated-rear

Not running them on my FZ....Yet. Have on the rear of my ST1300. Price is right and works great. Gets me the same mileage as much more $$$ big name tires.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

I just recently put the Shinko Verge on my bike and I can say I am quite impressed thus far. Turn in is very predictable and it holds a line very well. Grip seems great even before they really get warmed up. I cant speak to the longevity yet as I have only put a couple hundred miles on them. They guy that recommended them to had the ravens once and he didn't like them as much as the verge. He claimed they wore much to fast (less than 2k miles) and he didn't like how the bike felt when using them. I know thats subjective but just passing on what one guy told me. I will give my thumbs up on the verge so far.

Dan

Also this is were I got mine and they are a smoking deal right now.

https://www.jakewilson.com/p/3773/29330/Shinko-011-Verge-Rear-Motorcycle-Tire

Thanks....I will probably try out the Ravens for my next tire as the price is great. I had also considered the new 016 Verge 2x that they just came out with but at 50% more $, think Im going to give the ravens a shot. I found a ton of good reviews on them (on other similar size bikes)

Ravens also give the most mileage. Ive ran the 011 Verge tires and got less mileage.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

yes the Ravens are a harder compound. Perfectly adequate for routine street riding. For more "spirited" riding, the 003, 005, 006, Virge et. al. are quite good. I ran thru several sets of 003 on my DRZ and SV650 in sub-zero commuting as well as on track (Intermediate group). Just not the best in heavy rain.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived