The MT-07 Forum

Key Switch issues

r1limited

Just curios if anyone else has noticed this or experiancing it, as I believe my key switch is defective.

The Chrome facing spins aroudn freely, If I am not paying attention I cannot get the key into the switch unless the chrome facing is properly aligned.  I see no tampering with it such as someone trying to jack it.  This is recent too, I rode this past weekend, got off the bike went to start and fumbled getting the key in, I figured a senior moment right?  did not notice this again until this morning, when I was not able to get the key in and discovered the chrome face issue. 

Need to swing by the shop tonight and show to the service dude, probably a warrenty thing I hope.  An example
[video src=https://youtu.be/bfon2a3RMOI]

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Mine does the same thing. Seems low quality to me. Like the indicator switch that must pushed very firmly to the right to engage the right hand indicators.

• Premium Member

@r1limited - i used to have the same issue but I haven't noticed it in ages.

@faffi - I haven't had that issue with my indicator switch

Suzuki fitted a switch on at least some bikes that had that intentionally it was said to be
a security device my last Suzuki had it never noticed if my 07 does it but was used to it
so would not notice.

Stopped by the shop last night, manager was like never seen that before. He checked a few other bike sin the shop and brand new they do it. New feature I guess :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Security device - will prevent owners from riding away with their bikes when under the influence since they cannot fit the key :D

Archived