The MT-07 Forum

New FZ owner

mitchrapp

I guess I should have done this before, but here goes. I'm a former motocrosser for over 35 years and got into Harley Dynas late last year to stave off thoughts of ever going back to the tracks. The Dyna is a blast, but I still missed being able to throw a bike around. Enter the FZ-07.
I just bought a used 2015 FZ-07 (white) with about 6500 miles on her. She is heavily modified. During my test ride I noticed that the bike seem really 'low ended' with nothing up top. I also noticed that the speedometer was a little off.
The gearing had been changed radically by the previous owner. He had added two teeth to the rear sprocket and taken 1 away from the front. That like adding almost 5 teeth to the rear. That's crazy. My guess from the upgrades and gearing was the guy used the FZ as a parking lot stunt bike before me. The bike still looked like new and I suspect that there are far less than 6500 miles on her considering the speedometer would say I was going 100 mph while getting passed by wood sided station wagons on the free way.
I've since geared it back to stock and I'm much happier. I've also added ProTaper MX handlebars in place of the stockers. I've order some flush mount turn signals, but that's about all it needs at this point.
Upgrades:Pazzo levershyper-Pro suspensionIXIL Full ExhaustZeus Armor Full Crash RigPCIIIDriven sprockets 520 chain conversionProTaper MX handbarsR&G slidersetc

Archived