The MT-07 Forum

First drag strip run ever

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

So I took my 07 to the strip for the first time and had a ball! I did about 17 runs before it became a like 30 min wait so I called it a night. My two best times were 12.6318 at 103.21 with a .7546 reaction and 12.6250 at 102.95 with a .9198 (was looking at my gauges lol) any tips on getting that time down? I'm at a stupid high elevation in El Paso tx, have a full yoshi exhaust (not tuned yet). I won't be able to make another run here till next season, however can next week while I'm in tenn (a lot lower elevation). I'm trying to see how low I can get my times before she goes into storage on the 22nd. I deploy on the 23rd for 5 months so I won't be able to really tell y'all how she does after next Friday. 
IMG_1495.jpg

image.jpg

image hosting

Those are excellent times, particularly considering the low end speed - you did exceptionally well for a first timer!

mjdavis1994
Those are excellent times, particularly considering the low end speed - you did exceptionally well for a first timer!
Thanks! Think it will change much after the tune? 

mjdavis1994
What bikes were you up against?
Throughout the night a harley (don't know the name I'll have to look it up) two r6, a 600RR, R1, and GXR. I won like 6 times because they skipped gears or almost looped it on takeoff. 

• Premium Member

IMAG0056.jpg

secure free image hosting site

Nice times...here is mine from last years last trip to the drag strip on the FZ'07, no tune running an aftermarket exhaust..im the ultra rare odd ball who starts in 2nd gear...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

mjdavis1994
IMAG0056.jpg

secure free image hosting site

Nice times...here is mine from last years last trip to the drag strip on the FZ'07, no tune running an aftermarket exhaust..im the ultra rare odd ball who starts in 2nd gear...
I'll have to try starting in second! 1st is almost as soon as you take off and the front wheel wants to come up all the time. 

• Premium Member

It dont hurt to try.. The reason I start in 2nd is because at shift point for me the MPH difference between 1st and 2nd was like 6mph...I felt in 2nd gear the front end was not as prone to going skyward... And it takes away the odd chance you hit neutral instead of 2nd when starting in 1st...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived