The MT-07 Forum

Handlebar mounted stopwatch/timer?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

I'm looking for a handlebar mounted stopwatch, timer, etc.

It is not for anything serious - I just like to time things e.g. like how long it takes me to get from home to the gym, and then maybe the next day I'll take a different route and time that. I NEVER remember how long it takes when I go by the clock, but with a stopwatch it would be easy for me to take a picture and look at it later.

It should be waterproof and easily operable with gloves on. It can be anything from an $8 made-in-china stopwatch only to a $200 tracks your 0-60 time kinda thing.

Anyone have something like this that they like?

• Premium Member

Irrelevant. Disregard, please.

I have strapped a cheap wrist watch to the handlebars on all of my bikes that didn't have a clock built in and I've also seen a bunch of other people do that. I've never had one stolen either.
You could try a GPS app like Geo Tracker (not an endorsement, I just know it's out there).

Perhaps overkill, but I use my sony action cam (bike mounted) with remote start/stop mounted on handlebar, to time local routes, and good for tracking my time improvment through my favorite twisties.

• Premium Member

[attachment id=2527" thumbnail="1]

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Look for ice curling gear on the web, we nerdy players have a stopwatch attached to the broom :)

Archived