The MT-07 Forum

A whole different motorcycle

mjdavis1994

mjdavis1994

So I just got to TN last night and to me at least the 07 feels like an entirely different beast.. it feels planted to the ground going around corners but that's probably due to the fact this is real asphalt vs the stuff in El Paso tx that's glazed over and feels like the bikes sliding everywhere. Also I went to clutch up a wheelie in second and it shot up with no effort. So I tried a clutch up in 3rd and I clutched up without me standing up. Does elevation really play that much of a roll in power??? The only other reason I can think is my body posture changed between Texas and here but I doubt it.

Lots of big hills in TN. Did you clutch up while on an incline an maybe didn't know it?

Beemer

I stand on the frnt fender in 6th and wheelie yelling I am on top of the world.  Yup TN Asphault gives you 10 hp more

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Cooler temps and lower altitude makes the air more dense and that boosts the performance of engines.

mjdavis1994

That was my first thought was incline but I did it 3 times on a straight flat road. First time the bikes surprised me in a while. And 6th gear? Those are chump numbers gotta pump them up. Find 7th xD

And I'm in rogersville TN headed to pigeon forge probably tomorrow.

• Premium Member
:D:D:D   Good roads make EVERY vehicle feel better!  Wish we had more of 'em... everywhere!

Archived