The MT-07 Forum

Foot peg question, pin direction

copamundial

copamundial

Can someone please double check the orientation of the pin that retains the foot peg in it's bracket?

Is it set up so that the 'head' of the pin is at the top and the retaining clip is on the bottom... or vice-versa.

I lost my left side footpeg recently.  Looking at the remaining footpeg (on right side) the clip is on top.  In this orientation if clip is lost the pin would immediately fall out.  Seems backwards to me, so I'm just trying to figure out whether this is correct or the previous owner reversed it for some reason.

2015 FZ-07 White: Penske 8900E shock & spring, Spiegler Stainless brake lines, Woodcraft clip-ons, engine guards and frame sliders.

On mine the head is up, would not make sense to put it any other way
as if the clip comes off it's bound to fall out.

ducttapewd40
On mine the head is up, would not make sense to put it any other way as if the clip comes off it's bound to fall out.

This is 100% correct.

copamundial

Thanks, I figured mine were backwards and that's probably why my foot peg is somewhere on the road.

2015 FZ-07 White: Penske 8900E shock & spring, Spiegler Stainless brake lines, Woodcraft clip-ons, engine guards and frame sliders.

Can someone please double check the orientation of the pin that retains the foot peg in it's bracket? 
Is it set up so that the 'head' of the pin is at the top and the retaining clip is on the bottom... or vice-versa.

I lost my left side footpeg recently.  Looking at the remaining footpeg (on right side) the clip is on top.  In this orientation if clip is lost the pin would immediately fall out.  Seems backwards to me, so I'm just trying to figure out whether this is correct or the previous owner reversed it for some reason.

Clips at bottom 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

On mine the head is up, would not make sense to put it any other way as if the clip comes off it's bound to fall out.
Unless of course you are upside down then it makes perfect sense, but what if I am side ways?  Hummmmmm now that will take some contemplating observational analysis 

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived