The MT-07 Forum

Difference between "P" and "P-Light" on the contactor

sloop1210

Hi guys,

I have a newbie question.
I got my brand new FZ-07 last Friday and there is something that doesn't seem right but I want your help to be sure before I ask the dealer to look into it.

When you turn the ignition key after you rode the bike, you have a "0" position (to actually kill the ignition), then the "P" position (to lock the steering) and finally the "P-Light" position that is suppose to lock the steering but also lit up some kind of parking lights, right?

So, my question is.....which lights are suppose to be turned on when you put the ignition on the "P-Light" position?

It doesn't seem to me like anything is turned on, on mine, when I do that but maybe I'm not looking at the right lights.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Global Moderator

That position will let you have the hazard lights or turn signal on, but you still have to select it with the light switch. Do not leave it in that position for too long or you will drain the battery, it is more of an emergency thing.

• Global Moderator

Almost forgot, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum :)

Hi mjh937,

So, just to make sure I understand correctly. To have a difference between the P and P-Light, I need to have the hazards switch turn on, correct?

On P, the hazards won't work even the switch is on but on P-Light they will, but only if the hazard switch is on, correct?

Thanks for your answer and thanks for the bike, it's an amazing machine. :)

• Premium Member

Consider P as "Park". Consider P-light as in "Park" (fork locked) but it allow you to turn on your hazard lights. for when you're standed on the side of the road because you didn't stop at that last gas station like you knew you should have. :D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Your avatar intrigues me. If it weren't for the, what looks like a fire suit, I would think you were a proud pyro. ;)  Cool pic!

Beemer

• Premium Member
Your avatar intrigues me.
He's an arsonist near I can tell. :D 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

P is when you miss the last turn off and .. Oh wait never mind

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Consider P as "Park". Consider P-light as in "Park" (fork locked) but it allow you to turn on your hazard lights. for when you're standed on the side of the road because you didn't stop at that last gas station like you knew you should have. :D

I'll try it and see how it works. :) Thanks

Your avatar intrigues me. If it weren't for the, what looks like a fire suit, I would think you were a proud pyro. ;)  Cool pic!

Ah ah ah yes I am one of those weirdos who take pictures in front of fully involved fires......but only when it's a practice burn. :)

Archived