The MT-07 Forum

Blinkers still working after shutting off engine?

level41

So, after I shut off the engine, lock the handlebars in park, and take out the key, I noticed my blinkers still blinking. Not a biggie, since I can just manually turn them off, but just wondering if this is normal?

• Global Moderator

You are leaving it in the P-light position. You want to use the P position. You do not want someone turning on your lights when you are parked and running your battery down.

Oh, thanks for mentioning that!
I don't have the user manual, since I bought it second hand. Didn't know there was a setting past the steering lock.

• Global Moderator
Oh, thanks for mentioning that! I don't have the user manual, since I bought it second hand. Didn't know there was a setting past the steering lock.
You can download a PDF on the owners manual from the Yamaha website here.

• Premium Member

HIGHLY recommend... getting the Manual, and even reading it. I've found that the number who do is remarkably small. When I mention something I read in the Manual to a dealer (ANY dealer) they act like I just started speaking Martian. Granted, vehicle manuals are notoriously poor, but I've found the 07's consistently helpful and easy to use--hardly the case with all such... don't ask me about the one that came with my new truck!!! Ride on, enjoy, and be safe!!!

ducttapewd40

I always download a pdf copy to my phone of any bikes we have. Mostly because I can never remember the different chain slack specs and for some reason that's the one thing they never put on a sticker somewhere on the bike. They put valve lash on there though, because THAT'S the one we adjust most frequently.....

• Global Moderator
I always download a pdf copy to my phone of any bikes we have. Mostly because I can never remember the different chain slack specs and for some reason that's the one thing they never put on a sticker somewhere on the bike. They put valve lash on there though, because THAT'S the one we adjust most frequently.....

That is a good idea. I just downloaded it to my phone.

Chain slack is usually an inch. No matter for which bike (that is chain driven).
Just so when you compress the rear suspension, the chain will have free play.

As far as valve adjustment, that's a valid reason for a user manual, but those specs aren't always mentioned in there.

ducttapewd40
Chain slack is usually an inch. No matter for which bike (that is chain driven). Just so when you compress the rear suspension, the chain will have free play.

As far as valve adjustment, that's a valid reason for a user manual, but those specs aren't always mentioned in there.

Negative 

20170611_223227.png

My apologies, made a brain typo. Same for my vt750, and my CBR.. all are 2in.
I do 1.5, and I'm good. 1 in is too short.

Archived