The MT-07 Forum

M4 Pics

scordiaboy515

If there is, I certainly can't tell. I would need a dyno to confirm any change in power. + or -

The only differences I noticed were visual hotness and a sound that is equivalent to a motorcycle symphony.

I don't feel a gain or loss in power. The bike felt smooth in power delivery stock and with the M4 feels just as smooth.

Twisting the wrist quickly still requires a strong grip to hold the heck on and leaning forward to counter the front wheel lifting.

One other note that I posted this in another thread.
The FZ-07 with the M4 is the best sounding motorcycle I have ever heard.
It just sounds soo F-Ing Good!!!!

I think I can feel a little less torque with the dB killer out, but it might just be in my head. No testing to confirm nor deny.

With the dB killer in, I agree with the others - no change in feel vs stock. I put it back in last night after running without it for a few weeks, and again it might just be in my head, but I swear it feels more responsive and smooth.

Note that I'm certain that a fueling solution is required with the dB killer out. My expectations are that once I tune it properly, I will enjoy the bike without the dB killer more (not that I don't right now haha - I just think it'll get even better).

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

I have to agree. I rode with the DB killer out as a quick test, it definitely loses some torque, with it in, not so much. I replaced the allen bolt inside the exhaust with a hex bolt as it was giving me problems. Managed to tighten it up now so that there is no rattle. Anyway, here are some comparison vid's with the DB killer in and out, obviously the video does the exhaust no justice but I personally think it is too loud with the baffle out.

In.

th_20141024_110013_zpsykbfgfol.mp4

Out.

th_20141024_105415_zps6lt4yq7o.mp4

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Hi,

Im new here and I just brought the FZ 07 ;)

Its so nimble and I love it but I almost got hit 5 times in the past few weeks that I had it since it is so quiet. I have been following
the posts on here and I settled on the M4 Exhaust but I just wanted to confirm, even with the DB killer is it loud when riding ?

Thanks!

• Premium Member

Yes, its loud when riding.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

scordiaboy515

It's not that loud with baffle in.....imo, it's just right and you don't need ear plugs. When your cruising at highway speeds you can actually hear the engine, and when you rev it up it the exhaust note is wonderful.

The sound is quite frankly, pure sex. Wearing a Shoei RF-1200 with earplugs this is almost identical to what riding an FZ-07 with an M4 exhaust sounds like to me:

I wouldn't call it "load' but it's certainly "loud enough" that people can hear me. My horn is pulling the clutch in and revving it a bit - it turns heads!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• 3 months later...

Archived