The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Wisco!

grefshk

Picked up a 2016 fz07 in April. Started looking at this forum almost right away. It has been so helpful and everyone on here is so great! Traded in a V-Star 650 Custom for the fz after I rode my boyfriends 2015 fz07. I love everything about this bike! With some help from my boy, we successfully lowered my fz 20 mm, almost an inch. We found a kit off of Hyper Pro's website. It lowered the front and the rear. That is why the spring is purple in one of the photos I've attached. Having it lowered really made a difference for me. I know for others not being able to flat foot a bike isn't a huge deal but for me it was one of my insecurities. Now that it's lowered I feel more comfortable than ever. I also installed a sport touring wind screen because being beaten up by the wind wasn't so much fun for me. I'm 5'7" and 125 lbs, for reference. 

Thanks to everyone for putting so much info on this site! I check it daily for little tips and tricks :) 

17799070_10211553927420485_1132771963867507690_n.jpg

17904096_10211574425892934_8939983973823822593_n.jpg

21272624_10212976395061287_6832291979314305055_n.jpg

21686186_10213038784900994_5756347583767800411_n.jpg

Can I steal the image from that shirt and use it as our new logo? 

Seriously, welcome to the FZ07 forum and thank you for taking a minute to say hello. Great idea lowering your bike, thats gonna save you alot of grief at stoplights and parking lots. I have been hoping that someone would make up a tech tip on doing that. 

Now that you have jumped in the water, please do check in more often. We have quite a few bad ass FZ-07 women warriors on here.

• Premium Member

Welcome! Nice to have another lady join us! Cus, you know - I am one of those bad ass women warriors @cruizin is talking about 😜

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:09 AM, Cruizin said:

Can I steal the image from that shirt and use it as our new logo? 

Seriously, welcome to the FZ07 forum and thank you for taking a minute to say hello. Great idea lowering your bike, thats gonna save you alot of grief at stoplights and parking lots. I have been hoping that someone would make up a tech tip on doing that. 

Now that you have jumped in the water, please do check in more often. We have quite a few bad ass FZ-07 women warriors on here.

Feel free to use any photo in this post :) And thanks for the words of encouragement when it comes to lowering my bike. I got a lot of grief from it on social media so I didn't think anyone else would want to know how to. I'll try to find the link that my boyfriend and I got my lowering kit from and do a walk through on it!! 

19 hours ago, motomeek said:

Welcome! Nice to have another lady join us! Cus, you know - I am one of those bad ass women warriors @cruizin is talking about 1f61c.png

A lot of women are making the switch over to the FZ 07 now!! I went from a V Star 650 Custom to the FZ and I love how light it is! I traveled a little over an hour to get this specific color and I'm so glad I did! I love riding so much more on this bike than I did on my V Star.

43 minutes ago, grefshk said:

Feel free to use any photo in this post :) And thanks for the words of encouragement when it comes to lowering my bike. I got a lot of grief from it on social media so I didn't think anyone else would want to know how to. I'll try to find the link that my boyfriend and I got my lowering kit from and do a walk through on it!! 

Yeah, those facebook groups are chock full of armchair motorcycle experts with big opinions. Never mind the fact that they all come here to learn how to work on their bikes.   

I got bashed for lowering my bike and I got bashed for putting such a "tall" windshield on my bike. I'm just doing what makes me feel most comfortable on MY bike. Their opinions don't matter to me but I still couldn't believe that people are that cruel. And when brought to the administrators attention they just said that "it's the internet and to get used to it". Ha. 

So glad it's not like that here.

Its totally not like that here. I have seen FZ-07's get customized in all kinds of directions. And that's what is so cool about the FZ07. It comes stock as this killer cool looking styled bike that just dares you to take it any way that you want. And look at Yamaha , they have turned it into the FJ-07, the XSR-700 and soon it's even gonna be a dirt bike as the T-7.  

We have a facebook group tat I don't pay much attention to and if anyone ever sees some nuttjob know it all being rude on there please let me know and I'll toss their asses. Same goes for here too. 

Let the FZ-07 freak flag fly. 

• Premium Member

Screw what others think of what you do with your bike. You're the only one who needs to be happy with it.

As long as it doesn't create a safety hazard I don't think you'll get any flack here for it any customizations you decide you want. :) 

Welcome to the family. 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Welcome to the club! As @DewMan so succinctly put it, screw everyone else's opinion, your bike is your bike, we've all got our own style rolling here. Every member is fantastic and respectful and all questions are valid so keep checking in and posts incoming. We all love walk-throughs and how-to's. 

My wife is baby stepping her first bike but doesnt feel quite ready for full on traffic yet. Very cool to see you both out together with dual FZs no less! Very cool!

Ride safe you two!  👍👍

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

20 hours ago, grefshk said:

I got bashed for lowering my bike and I got bashed for putting such a "tall" windshield on my bike. I'm just doing what makes me feel most comfortable on MY bike. Their opinions don't matter to me but I still couldn't believe that people are that cruel. And when brought to the administrators attention they just said that "it's the internet and to get used to it". Ha. 

So glad it's not like that here.

Welcome and congrats! Hey, people have teased me and said my windscreen resembles the queen aliens head in the movie, "Aliens" and they're actually right, it does resemble it but ask me if I care. That's my all time favorite sci-fi movie anyway so I smile when I think about it. I got mine because of the high blasts of wind from the coast and to keep the excessive amount of gnats off my shirts. (super clouds of them around here.) Not many people dig 3D dead bug art on a shirt, either. Careful the power of this bike and stay frosty!

Beemer

10 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

Welcome to the club! As @DewMan so succinctly put it, screw everyone else's opinion, your bike is your bike, we've all got our own style rolling here. Every member is fantastic and respectful and all questions are valid so keep checking in and posts incoming. We all love walk-throughs and how-to's. 

My wife is baby stepping her first bike but doesnt feel quite ready for full on traffic yet. Very cool to see you both out together with dual FZs no less! Very cool!

Ride safe you two!  👍👍

I'm really liking your new avatar, bro, ha! He's funny!

Beemer

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'm really liking your new avatar, bro, ha! He's funny!

Yeah thanks, have always loved Bert and Ernie. Wandering the forum I noticed as premium members we get to use a small GIF for our avatar. These simple pleasures make my day.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, mushymushroom said:

Hello fellow Wisconsin rider.  I have the same color bike; washing the hiviz wheels suck so much though.

I love the color scheme of this bike but I couldn't agree more about the wheels. I think the longest I've ever gone without washing them was a week and by the end of the week I couldn't let myself ride until I washed the wheels again. Definitely a pain. 

Archived