The MT-07 Forum

Need help identifying missing parts

tripfitmoto

Please see images. My bike is missing the part above the engine case. 

What is this part and what are it's functions? I believe it has to do with the throttle body adjustment, is that correct?

My bike still has the tubes and they are connected to an area close to the gas tank.

FZ1.PNG

Here is what my bike looks like. The drain tubes normally stay outside the chain cover. And the part in the above picture is missing.

FZ2.PNG

• Premium Member

probably the CA(only) evap system?

I don't have one...my bike is not a CA bike

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

It is the Canister assembly that is part of the fuel EPA CA CARB Crap

Part # CANISTER ASSY 2RC-24170-00-00

Carb.gif

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

And BTW them dangling down tubes gor were the big ol red circle is I assume you pulled them.  If this is all plugged up do not worry about it as it is simply a charcoal canister that absorbs the fuel fumes.  If it is properly plugged it should be ok.  This was one of the MODs to remove the CA CARB box like this on the DRZ.  Saved like 10 lbs as well as stopped some of the choke hodl on them toothless work horses

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived