The MT-07 Forum

Fall has arrived 47 F ... 8 C

jerryv

I think I may be really cold this AM, yesterday was a windy bugger.  Got buffeted on the highway, was unpleasant.  20 degree difference this AM, but only 10 mile ride.  Long enough to test my jacket's warmth, not too far in case I freeze my tail off.

40F where I am this morning.
Today's ride to work is just a get-me-there ride and look forward to the much warmer ride home.
Beware of cold tire performance on mornings like this and be conservative.

40F where I am this morning. Today's ride to work is just a get-me-there ride and look forward to the much warmer ride home.
Beware of cold tire performance on mornings like this and be conservative.
I decided on super conservative, wimped out and took the car .. lol.

• Global Moderator

I know, Fall fell hard. I haven't been out much. I am looking out of the window every morning hoping that I can put some more mileage on before putting the 07 away for the winter. Lots of rain and cold lately. And when the weather finally clears up, there is a lot to do outside so I can't ride.
As a matter of fact this was one of the wettest summers I remember, and last winter was the coldest and longest ever.
And people are talking about coming winter, that it is going to be a cold one again. How is it that they can predict seasons, but not two days from now?

It looks like our neck of the woods will get warmer than usual weather for the next 7 days or so. I will try to get out every evening (unfortunately work sits squarely in the way!)
Problem is, I noticed that traffic got a lot worse since school has started and drivers are extremely careless lately (or maybe I got used to "summer traffic" and what we see now is the usual...)

Anyway, the idea is that there is still hope :).

54 deg-F this morning for my 10 mile ride to work. I just wore a nylon liner (my running rain jacket) under my riding jacket to block the wind and all was good.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

Cold weather never bothered me. I have a wind/ water-proof jacket and gloves so I don't normally get cold. Only thing is my legs get a little cold but that can be solved by wearing long Jons or something similar. I will draw the line when the first snow hits. As soon as there is salt on that road I'm putting Zoey to bed for the winter.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Hmmm, 60 degrees here this am, supposed to get 80 every day this week. There is a price for that great weather though: three years of drought and fires everywhere.

Illegitimi non carborundum

:DThanks to all who have chosen to disclose their location as part of their Profile.  Where you are located is of interest when you discus the local weather. :D

FJR1300A,Triumph S3,Ducati S2R1000
VisitedStatesMap2011.jpg 310820.png

• Premium Member
Hmmm, 60 degrees here this am, supposed to get 80 every day this week. There is a price for that great weather though: three years of drought and fires everywhere.
Ha, yeah. 70 degrees in the lower half of CA. with high 80's-90's this week.  

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

It was hardly what I would call chilly this morning, but now... OMG. Just got back for an errand I had to run at lunch. It's amazing out! 77 def-F with 51% humidity and mostly sunny. Makes me want to undock the laptop and go work outside!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

50 mile drive for me to/from work. Coldest I've seen by the bike is 52. Tomorrow I will have a package from revzilla on the porch waiting for me. These thin gloves and blue jeans aren't going to cut it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I'll know it's fall when I have to use the choke on my Shadow a bit longer.  8-)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived