The MT-07 Forum

Rear stand recommendations?

ericksrt4

So I have the harbor freight aluminum special and they worked with my r&g rear spool sliders until one of the sliders broke. I replaced them with TST wommet tech spool sliders but my stand is now too narrow to work with them. Any good options that won't break the bank? 

The best I've ever bought is the Pitbull reverse handle rear paddock stand, not the cheapest but after almost dropping the bike with my cheapie 'rear facing handle' stand I bit the bullet...so much easier to use with the forward facing handle in my right hand and the clutch side handlebar in the left. It's also adjustable for width and height and can be used with spool adapters or under swing arm brackets.  I'm not sure where I bought it or for how much but I'll see if I can find that info. This stand will outlast me for sure.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

An economical set of paddock stands can be found HERE. They have optional models with head lift /triple tree attachment available or as an option to the one listed I got a headstand lift accessory to use with the one I already have.

I use these and they're more than sturdy enough I've found.

Good luck in finding what works for you.

Edited by DewMan
clarity
  • Like 3

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I have a Harbor Freight rear stand and it's ok for light maintenance on a tight budget.  Just don' t rely too much on it.

I've also got the same stands (Venom) as DewMan, but I have the triple tree version of the front also.  I really like them and use them quite a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AV8HN42?psc=1

(You'll also have to buy the extra pin set for the FZ 07,  but I think it's still way cheaper to buy a complete set of Venom stands than it is for any 1 Pitbull stand.)

I also have the Pitbull forward handle rear stand that Markstertt has and it's awesome but expensive.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pit-bull-spooled-forward-handle-rear-stand

You can't beat Pitbull in my experience, but for the price, Venom is very good.   Not quite as rock solid as Pitbull, but I am not a bit worried about their stability.  Venom is good enough unless you're doing a lot of maintenance on a lot of bikes.

Edited by rider
  • Like 1

Whatever works and fits your budget

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard some good things about the Trackside Paddock Stands. There were a few comments that the handle position made it a little awkward to operate, but I spoke to a fellow today who actually uses them and says they're great. Revzilla and Cycle Gear both have them on sale for $60 each - front and back stands. (50% off)

I plan to get them soon unless someone in the family offers to get it for me for a Christmas/Chanukah gift.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up going with the trackside rear on Cyber Monday for $50. It's basically a chinese knock off of a pitbull. It does the job well enough and for $50 I can't complain. Whenever I get the discretionary funds I'll go big and get woodcraft or pitbull but the trackside should hold me over for awhile. 

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member
On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:24 AM, rider said:

I have a Harbor Freight rear stand and it's ok for light maintenance on a tight budget.  Just don' t rely too much on it.

I've also got the same stands (Venom) as DewMan, but I have the triple tree version of the front also.  I really like them and use them quite a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AV8HN42?psc=1

(You'll also have to buy the extra pin set for the FZ 07,  but I think it's still way cheaper to buy a complete set of Venom stands than it is for any 1 Pitbull stand.)

I also have the Pitbull forward handle rear stand that Markstertt has and it's awesome but expensive.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/pit-bull-spooled-forward-handle-rear-stand

You can't beat Pitbull in my experience, but for the price, Venom is very good.   Not quite as rock solid as Pitbull, but I am not a bit worried about their stability.  Venom is good enough unless you're doing a lot of maintenance on a lot of bikes.

What spools do you use for the Harbor freight stand?

I've heard good things about trackside, but there were no sales when I was shopping for a set so it was cheaper for me to go with the Venom stands on Amazon. I've had them for 2 years now and both my bike and my girlfriend's ninja 300 have spent 2 winters on them so far (along with using them for various maintenance tasks) and they're holding up well. I've read reviews where people say they are wobbly, but I tightened the **** out of mine and they're still rock solid, so I've got no complaints (well...besides the very distinct smell of budget tools when you open the box haha). 

• Like 1

Bigturbomax

I have the Venom brand front and rear stands with swingarm paddles, spool adapters, pin set and fork adapter. Got the whole set up with FZ07 special pin for $110 if i remember right.  So plus one what @DewMan and @rider said. Great set for the money. They aren't wobbly if you tighten them. You have to assemble them out of the package so if you half @$$ assemble them then that's what you will get haha. 

For real, a lot of us are very happy with the Venom brand stands. My buddy bought a set for his kwak and also likes em.   

Are they the best thing on the market? Maybe not...but they handle everything I've asked em to do without complaint. 

Edited by Bigturbomax
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I’m also using the HF swingarm stand. It flexes slightly when propping up the bike. Reading the reviews on amazon of the venom stands, I was scared the buy them. I would say search local craigslist or offerup. Plenty of pitbulls in my area in various condition. You can find some excellent condition ones for around $100. I think that makes the decision easy. 

• Premium Member
On 11/11/2017 at 2:49 PM, markstertt said:

The best I've ever bought is the Pitbull reverse handle rear paddock stand, not the cheapest but after almost dropping the bike with my cheapie 'rear facing handle' stand I bit the bullet...so much easier to use with the forward facing handle in my right hand and the clutch side handlebar in the left. It's also adjustable for width and height and can be used with spool adapters or under swing arm brackets.  I'm not sure where I bought it or for how much but I'll see if I can find that info. This stand will outlast me for sure.

I missed this style while shopping, very logical design. Ive almost tipped my bike fighting with my irritating Venom rear stand so it seems like a no brainer to bolt/weld on a forward handle.  Kudos.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.