The MT-07 Forum

A new addition to the intro sport-bike category is coming

fromthecage

Ah, so the adventure series is delayed, but the RC series is still on schedule. Looks like their sport bikes and naked bikes take priority over their adventure bikes.

Love my Ninja 300 so I am sure this one is also a hoot to ride. Its lighter and puts out more power. I wish they had a faired version of the fz. I would buy it immediately.

• Premium Member
I'll believe it when I see it in dealer showrooms. They have been promising the Duke 390 for a while and it hasn't happened.
Haha. I'm with you on this one. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Saw it at the Motorcycle Show over the weekend. Couldn't get a chance to sit on it since there was a line. Look pretty sweet.

Guest August BB

Do KTM bikes require more cost to maintain? Such as parts and whatnot?

My wife is still undecided on what she wants. CBR500. R3. CBR300. Might take a look at the RC390 into the mix but know nothing about KTM.

• Premium Member

@abb, KTM tends to be more costly. The price point will be most likely be higher and the maintenance fees will follow opposed to the CBRs or R3.

Will this be your wife's first bike?

I can speak on the CBR250/300 since I own one.
I've only sat on both the 500 and R3. I think all three are great bikes, just depends on what your needs are.

Guest August BB
@abb, KTM tends to be more costly. The price point will be most likely be higher and the maintenance fees will follow opposed to the CBRs or R3.  

I've only sat on both the 500 and R3. I think all three are great bikes, just depends on what your needs are.

Yes it will be her first.  I want her to veer towards something with ABS, looking at CBR300R ABS which will be 4900 or some where around 5800 OTD.  R3 is in the mix because our brother in law works for a yamaha dealership and can probably get a good deal on the R3 but it has no ABS.

• Premium Member

@abb, I see. Well I guess it depends on your priorities or how good of a deal you can get on that R3? Cus that seems like a good deal on the CBR as well.

I make due without ABS. I thought it a good idea to know what it feels like to ride a bike without it.

Yes it will be her first.  I want her to veer towards something with ABS, looking at CBR300R ABS which will be 4900 or some where around 5800 OTD.  R3 is in the mix because our brother in law works for a yamaha dealership and can probably get a good deal on the R3 but it has no ABS.
What about the Ninja 300?

Guest August BB

She sat on a Ninja 300. I think there were 3 things why she'd prefer the CBR300R. The Ninja costs more, she liked the way the CBR felt when she sat on it, and she preferred red or black over green or white.

@abb, I really enjoyed my MSF course on the CBR250. It was a very easy bike to ride and was fairly comfortable in a heat soaked parking lot for hours on end. I am really impressed with the R3 though, and I hope to get the cahnce to ride one. The RC390 is more of a "street legal track bike" from the looks of it. It probably won't be nearly as comfortable as the CBR or R3, already has a louder exhaust, and the suspension is probably pretty stiff.

The ABS debate just depends on how comfortable your wife will be on the bikes and if you guys really deem it necessary.

Guest August BB

I'm completely basing her needing ABS on the fact that she has slammed the breaks in our cars about 3 times riding with her. I don't want to know how much more she has done that driving on her own.

Guest MXRider
Do KTM bikes require more cost to maintain? Such as parts and whatnot? 
My wife is still undecided on what she wants. CBR500. R3. CBR300. Might take a look at the RC390 into the mix but know nothing about KTM.
 2 things. 1st, yes KTM parts do typically cost more. I've owned 2 of their motocross bikes and parts were more than a comparable Honda or Yamaha. 2nd, this bike isn't made by KTM. It's made in India by Bajaj for KTM. So these prices have yet to be seen compared to your typical Austrian models. 
Also I'm concerned quality isn't up to snuff from what we have come to expect from KTM. I'd wager the Japanese FZ is a better made machine in nearly every regard.

• Premium Member

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9e2bYbodu8&list=UUB_cdRhIDhlavY2I5URSC7g]
Here's a shootout by Motorcycle News

Archived