The MT-07 Forum

ECU flash modifications? Fan temp, engine breaking etc?

tripfitmoto

What all have you modified with ECU reflash?

I'm getting a custom map for the full r77 with the DB killer on but not sure on the following....

Removal of speed limiter or restrictions on the 2015 fz 07?

Lower fan temperatures (what temps?)?

Fuel cut removal and engine breaking?

Call these guys up, they have all the answers you are seeking.  And they are a supporting vender here

@2wheeldynoworks

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

2wheeldynoworks

Hi tripfitmoto! 

I'm getting a custom map for the full r77 with the DB killer on but not sure on the following. - You will get our custom fuel and ignition mapping to suit your R77 Full System with DB killer. 

Removal of speed limiter or restrictions on the 2015 fz 07? - We remove all speed and gear based restrictions as well as the top speed limiter. 

Lower fan temperatures (what temps?)? - The activation temperature is 205 and deactivation temperature is 195.

Fuel cut removal and engine breaking? - We do disable the decel fuel cut feature to improve the on/off throttle response. We also reduce the engine braking to help the bike into corners. 

48 minutes ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

Hi tripfitmoto! 

I'm getting a custom map for the full r77 with the DB killer on but not sure on the following. - You will get our custom fuel and ignition mapping to suit your R77 Full System with DB killer. 

Removal of speed limiter or restrictions on the 2015 fz 07? - We remove all speed and gear based restrictions as well as the top speed limiter. 

Lower fan temperatures (what temps?)? - The activation temperature is 205 and deactivation temperature is 195.

Fuel cut removal and engine breaking? - We do disable the decel fuel cut feature to improve the on/off throttle response. We also reduce the engine braking to help the bike into corners. 

Thanks for the quick response. Im going to take advantage of your Black Friday deal and order the flash ECU tonight.

Is there a custom map difference between the r77 race (stainless) vs. r77 cabon?

2wheeldynoworks

Hello tripfitmoto!

Sounds good, please feel free to contact if you have any questions with checkout.

We have maps for both the stainless and carbon R77. I have attached an order form (png.) for you here. When mailing in your ECU, please include this order form. You can list all modifications done to your bike. We will be sure to get you the custom map to match. 

All the best!

2WDW Team

Order Form PNG.png

• 2 weeks later...

I got an R77 exhaust and a flash from 2wdw a couple of weeks ago and am delighted with the result. With that, suspension work, and modifications for actual use as transportation, I am completely satisfied. One good thing about bikes is you can make them into what you want.

Since the flash & exhaust I put-put around in high gears (it sounds great) most of the time. It feels like it has torque to spare.

My bike is set up to ride to the track carrying camping gear, then be good on the track. And ride home after. (knock on wood)

I miss a proper analog tachometer on the bike, but on the speedometer display is a black truncated pyramid above the tach bars that starts at 4k RPM and ends at 8, shaped like the bike's dyno torque curve. It is useful on track days. Looking at the black shape is good guidance for shift points, Keep the bars under the pyramid. No point in going above 8k rpm. Shift down if it goes below 4.

It will be interesting to see how that changes with the flash. I'm sure, given road experience, that there will be better acceleration out of the turns, and that maybe, in that one long straight, I won't be so bored, sitting with the throttle pinned, waiting to find top speed.

BTW, they told me to remove the snorkel from the airbox, and that seemed to make for a quicker throttle response.

Archived