The MT-07 Forum

Side Cover Parts Question...

SlowGroove

Well, it finally happened.  They say there are only two types of riders - those who’ve laid down a bike, and those who are yet to lay down their bikes.  Yesterday I moved squarely into the first of these two groups on a two lane road, left hand curve, and a large Tacoma coming in the other direction (to be clear, the truck was fully in their lane, my Speed was just a bit too much, and the accident was completely due to my being surprised and lacking the full degree of experience to properly correct myself).  

That being said - I now have the joy of ordering new covers for the tank and rear panel on the bike due to the homeowners great idea to line thief ditch with rocks.  I read elsewhere in the forum on how to find the right FZ07 to pick from so that you’re ordering the right color of panels, but then the parts list threw me another curveball. 

The available parts include 1WS-24129-00-P1, P2, and P4, and each include description info of “For DNMN”, “For BWC1”, and “For VRC1”, respectively.  Does anyone know offhand what the DNMN, BWC1, and VRC1 mean?  I need to make sure I get the right part, and though I can call the parts seller tomorrow and ask them, I thought I’d take a shot here to see if I could get an answer sooner.

Thanks all

@YZEtc - Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, it’s a 2015, and with a new search of the forum I found this link which seems to cover everything.  

least now I know I’ll be getting the right replacements on the first order!

Thanks again.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Sorry about the accident, but we all have been there, at least the parts are not expensive. Since you are replacing your tank panels, be aware that the tank side panels have 2 damper pieces glued on the inside of each side panel. These are to prevent the panels from rattling against the bike’s frame. You should be able to remove them from your old panels and put them in the same location on the new side panels. You can also just order the new damper pieces when you order the new panels. I am not sure if the rear panels have any damper pieces, but you can verify by checking your damaged panel. Good luck!

@Eastern Kayaker Spent the morning taking the bike apart and looking over everything for what needs replacing.  Somehow, the accident managed to take off small spring washers on the inside of the panels for the air intakes.  Anyway - the order is in and should be here midweek, and I did go ahead and order new dampers just to make sure I had a good fit (thought being that removing from the old would have left them not sticking well to the new panels).  Anyway - looking forward to getting it back together and back on the road.

Archived