The MT-07 Forum

Crankcase cover replacement (clutch side)

Nautilus

Hi guys, I'm a new member and would like some advice. Bought a 2016 FZ07 that has a hole in the right side engine cover from a crash. I bought a new cover and tried to replace it, but there are a few things inside that I don't know how to remove.  There's a bearing right behind the propeller from the water pump and then it's the clutch thing that is connected to the cable.  It goes to the center of the case but there's also something to be removed and put in the new cover. How do I do that? If somebody did replace that and has knowledge, please let me know. I tried to attach pics but says they're too big.  I've searched the internet and YouTube but without luck. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

You're referring to the bearings and seals for the water pump impeller shaft and clutch push lever axle.

I'd buy new ones since trying to remove them is risky since they're easily damaged doing that.

You can see the exploded diagrams on one of the many on-line parts catalogues.

Having a copy of the Yamaha Service Manual is a very good idea.

5 hours ago, YZEtc said:

You're referring to the bearings and seals for the water pump impeller shaft and clutch push lever axle.

I'd buy new ones since trying to remove them is risky since they're easily damaged doing that.

You can see the exploded diagrams on one of the many on-line parts catalogues.

Having a copy of the Yamaha Service Manual is a very good idea.

Appreciate your fast response. Will order them, and will try to get a copy of the service manual

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Nautilus said:

Hi guys, I'm a new member and would like some advice. Bought a 2016 FZ07 that has a hole in the right side engine cover from a crash. I bought a new cover and tried to replace it, but there are a few things inside that I don't know how to remove.  There's a bearing right behind the propeller from the water pump and then it's the clutch thing that is connected to the cable.  It goes to the center of the case but there's also something to be removed and put in the new cover. How do I do that? If somebody did replace that and has knowledge, please let me know. I tried to attach pics but says they're too big.  I've searched the internet and YouTube but without luck. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

With regard to picture size, just crop slightly using your phone edit features, and I have found the pictures reduce in size by a good amount.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

10 minutes ago, blackout said:

With regard to picture size, just crop slightly using your phone edit features, and I have found the pictures reduce in size by a good amount.

Thx, will try when I get home

Archived