The MT-07 Forum

Compatible Cush Drive?

godoy.rafa

Hey, so I need to replace my cush drive. But here in Brazil I can't find the original anywhere, and the dealer wants to charge me about USD 150.00 for six rubber pieces... Not gonna happen! So, is it possible to put the cush from another motorcycle, or to make one?

Thanks!

You can find those inserts all over eBay from bikes being parted out. Lots on the first page under $20 shipped. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfz07+cush+drive.TRS2&_nkw=fz07+cush+drive&_sacat=0

If eBay isn't an option to you for whatever reason, shoot me a PM. I can order some up and ship them to you. 

Curious, but did your rubbers breakdown/ fall apart? And don't be ashamed to admit if you just lost them. I did that once...

Thanks guys! I checked the rubbers, they are not broken. I put some tire air chamber pieces to fill the gaps and it is fine now.

• 4 weeks later...

I read a tip once to use cut index cards to fill the gap if the cush drive starts getting some slack in it. I did this on my old bike ninja 250 made a big difference.

5 minutes ago, derekfz said:

I read a tip once to use cut index cards to fill the gap if the cush drive starts getting some slack in it. I did this on my old bike ninja 250 made a big difference.

I've done the same thing with pieces of plastic cut from an oil bottle.  Also on a Ninja 250 (daughter in law's bike).  The rubber was still good and it worked like a charm.

20 hours ago, rider said:

I've done the same thing with pieces of plastic cut from an oil bottle.  Also on a Ninja 250 (daughter in law's bike).  The rubber was still good and it worked like a charm.

Hmm, they must be prone to it. I did a similar shimming to the cush hub of a friend's 250 Ninjunk. I love the flames on the fairing. I keep telling her, if she truly wants it to go 100mph, we'll have to drop it from a plane.

IMG_0766.JPG

Archived