The MT-07 Forum

Adjusted Left Side TB Screw

Civiltechyyc

Last riding season I adjusted my Throttle Body on my 2017-FZ07. I followed the guides provided on this forum and a few YouTube videos. During the synchronization I was getting a large difference in cylinder readings so in my haste I adjusted the Left TB Screw by mistake and than began to work on the right side. They are now nicely even and the bike ran fine all season but I am wondering how much damage could I be doing to the bike now that the left side isn't at the factory setting. What do? Take the bike to the shop or buy a new TB and install it myself?

If both cylinders are pulling equal vacuum, you're good to go. At worst, you might idle a little higher than stock. But I think the ecu takes control of idle speed anyway? Can't say for sure on that last part. 

Yeah, the idle will be fixed by the ecu using the IAC valve that sits between the cylinders. 

Does it matter the reference was turned? As long as that IAC can control the idle and it idles smoothly, probably not. I suspect that if that left screw is opened far enough  - forcing the right screw also to be turned a long way, the IAC might not adjust well enough and the motor will have a hard time idling. 

My Aprilia's TBs are set with one TB's air screw closed and then the other is adjusted to match vacuum. They seem to be different from bike to bike some will have the front TB screw closed, some will have the back. It's just specified that one is closed so that the other is only opened a small amount so the IAC can work properly.

Once the throttle plates are opened, those air screws do little to nothing, so most of the time that circuit is just along for the ride. 

But DON"T DO IT AGAIN, 😉

Archived