The MT-07 Forum

Sport vs standard motorcycles

faffi

Me gots both ;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Cool video but it left me with this thought. If only they had also rode the FZ-07 they might've said you can get the same fun, torquey ride on a smaller bike for even cheaper than a 900 cc bike .

Beemer

Totally agree with that video.  For me, the comfort is sooo worth it over a full-on sportbike.  I loved my 06 ZX6R but it sucked for those longer rides.  I'm having much more fun on my FZ07

I have no issues on the R1.  I am 60, had 4 back surgeries, a few knee reworks, shattered / rebuilt wrist, shortened ulna (Due to shattered wrist and the list goes on) yet I can ride the R1 all day and night with the same comfort as the 07.  So all I gots to say is

Pull up yer big boy panties and freakin ride, you want a couch buy a god danged HD or one of them ocean liners they call motorcycles for gad blessed alrighty thens

Yung uns I tell ya wuuut

;)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

11 minutes ago, r1limited said:

I have no issues on the R1.  I am 60, had 4 back surgeries, a few knee reworks, shattered / rebuilt wrist, shortened ulna (Due to shattered wrist and the list goes on) yet I can ride the R1 all day and night with the same comfort as the 07.  So all I gots to say is

Pull up yer big boy panties and freakin ride, you want a couch buy a god danged HD or one of them ocean liners they call motorcycles for gad blessed alrighty thens

Yung uns I tell ya wuuut

;)

That's a lot of surgeries!  Is that what you gotta do to modify a human body for comfort on one of those R1s? :)

2 minutes ago, djfz07 said:

That's a lot of surgeries!  Is that what you gotta do to modify a human body for comfort on one of those R1s? :)

Accumulative total of pushing the envelope and having them oh shet moments, the R1 is very forgiving if you do not abuse her.

• Premium Member

I have owned a Kawasaki 1000 Eliminator, that was my 1st bike, heavy and comfy but it was fast before I understood what fast means to me...then owned a Ninja 636, awesome little machine but it was only fun to ride when rpms where spinning past 10k or so... then got a dirt bike and never rode a street bike for about 10yrs till I got the FZ-07 which to me is very much like a 450F dirt bike...then got the FJ-09... seriously one of the best bikes for the $ I have found... between the FZ-07 and FJ-09 I think I got everything to suit my motorcycle needs... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 1 month later...
HARRY BALZAK
On 1/24/2018 at 4:33 PM, djfz07 said:

That comment deserves a gold star or something.

"I am 60, had 4 back surgeries, a few knee reworks, shattered / rebuilt wrist, shortened ulna (Due to shattered wrist and the list goes on) yet I can ride the R1 all day and night with the same comfort as the 07."

These guys got you beat.

😄 Haaaa, ha!

Beemer

Archived