The MT-07 Forum

TST Integrated Taillight Smoked vs Clear Comparison Photos

DewMan

• Premium Member

I took a couple of potato pictures to show a side by side installed comparison between the TST integrated taillight's smoked and clear lense options for those wanting to see the difference installed. Thanks to @Beemer for allowing me to use his bike in the comparison.

Powered off:

compare2.thumb.jpg.b72028c4e1e89e3cf26e5fdada7a6993.jpg

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Potato picture #2 with powered on running lights:

TST_Compare11.thumb.jpg.1783b5c040beddcd385c231f206154e9.jpg

P.S. The smoked isn't as dark in real life as the photo makes it out to be. But it is less bright than the clear lens.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I smoked a lot of stuff in my day but never a taillight, I did get a tail smokin once :)

Personally for safety Clear

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 1 month later...
HARRY BALZAK

I agree, I really wanted the smoke to go with the graphite of my bike, but the fear of taking it in the rear had me go with the clear. It looks good and I'm perfectly content.

"but the fear of taking it in the rear had me go with the clear."

Many have taken it in the rear, even with the proper gear and became a crimson smear so you're right to fear.

Beemer

• 5 months later...

Thanks for posting this @DewMan. These side by side shots helped me decide which version of the TST i wanted on my bike. Got clear and am super happy with it. 

Archived