The MT-07 Forum

M4 exhaust remap/ ecu flash

Cmise1995

Hey guys looking at getting a M4 slip on for my fz07 leaning really hard on the M4 just need to know the strait answer do you or don't you need a power commander or would it be better for a ecu flash. Heard u don't need it, it will be fine and I've also heard yes either power commander or a ecu flash.

Hey guys looking at getting a M4 slip on for my fz07 leaning really hard on the M4 just need to know the strait answer do you or don't you need a power commander or would it be better for a ecu flash. Heard u don't need it, it will be fine and I've also heard yes either power commander or a ecu flash.

That question has been asked alot on here the last three years. You dont "need" a flash or power commander, but you wont gain any power with the exhaust alone without a tune Then, it's just a noise maker. And with the M-4, you have to repack the muffler once a year. Says so right in the instructions. 

I prefer an ECU flash over power commander. Even better is to get a flashtunes "active tune kit from @2wheeldynoworks and then have them load a bad ass tune on it as a base tune. 

Thanks for the info cruizin so it would be fine to put the M4 pipe on and ride it for a while to save some money for a edu flash and not have to worry about any motor damage.

Archived