The MT-07 Forum

Clutch case replacement

Nautilus

Hi guys, 

I have replaced the clutch cover on my FZ07, but somehow I can't seem to figure it out how to have the clutch engage. I watched some videos on youtube about other bikes, i have removed and tried again many times, but somehow the clutch lever it's moving very easy, not engaging.  Does any one had to deal with this situatiin, and how did you make it work? Thanks for the advice

Take it apart and do it again, probably miss aligned

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 2 weeks later...

Did you check where you put the lever ( on the engine) on the splines? I haven't had it off, but done that on other bikes, especially ones with externel return springs like the 07.

Take the cable off and turn it by hand. If it starts to engage furthur around , you stuffed up the spline position.

Are you sure you put all the plates in?

Did you tension down the basket on the springs properly?

Did you put the throwout nub on the right side?

Did you put the "push rod" in and around the right way?

You did put the return spring on didn't you? ( that won't make it not engage though , just be too easy too pull in)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Yes, I put a slipper clutch in and found this to be tricky to do for the first time.  You need enough engagement on clutch cover lever so you can't pull it all the way by hand.  You might need to remove the cover, remove the return spring and adjust the position of the lever and other part to get proper engagement.

Archived