The MT-07 Forum

cortech latigo air rr boots - 1st Impressions

r1limited

A while back I asked about these boots, My SMX-2 Alpinestars literally fell apart after 10 plus years of service.  So I was on a hunt to find a replacement.  First choice was SMX-6 and being the cheap ass low budget tight wad I am, I started looking for a new set.  I fitted a half dozen brands Sidi, Gearn, Alpinestars, Joe Rocket blah blah and found them not close to Alpinestars for my foot, by far the SMX-6 fit like perfectly.  But again at $265.xx compared to 160 my cheepness gave in.  So I ordered the cortech latigo air rr boots as they where on sale for 149.  Since I had a $200 gift cert at Bikebandit I also got the Latigo gloves totally 219 for the two.

Out of the Box first impression in my hands.

These are F'ing cheep man I am screwed...

They felt soft, to soft for brand new boots, I felt these are no way a firm supporting boot.  The ankles where a concern, I was surprised by the stitching and degree of construction but remained skeptical.  So I opted t toss my gear on and try the boots.

On the foot first impression and my feet.

I read a lot of reviews on the boots, I was concerned about fit, I have a wide foot, I did not try them on so I gambled.  True to the reviews they are a tight fit.  Size 44 for me and feel like a very tight 44 (Judging from other fitted boots).  My first thought after I zipped them up "man I am screwed...".  So I walked up stairs to show the misses and my daughter and asked that dreaded question "Do these boots make my ass look fat"  Yes I did.  Wife was not impressed daughter said no but those leathers do (Love Me Daughter).  Surprised the tight feel was not noticeable after walking a bit and the boots felt actually comfortable.

After thoughts of first Impression and my first day on the bike

Well I was wrong, the boots are extremely comfortable, sturdy and flow air like a mofo.  Easily adapted to my current setup, as I figured I would have to adjust ergos, was not so.  The boots felt like a well broke in pair of riding boots and gave no hindrance to brakes with great feel and shifter was of no noticeable hiccups outside of me.

Over Impression of the cortech latigo air rr boots

Man I am not so screwed after all, well at least after 1 full day.  Time will tell, like my Alpinestars I hope they last 10 plus years, but then wont matter I will super glue and supertape them up until I get another Goft Cert, because I am cheap.  For $149.00 if you are looking for a pair of boots that is not breaking the bank and you are not one of those that has to have Gucci and spend $600 on boots ok for you, but for me and my cheap ass tight wade attitude, they work.

LatigoAirRRBlkPair_750x750.jpg

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 1 month later...

Now that I have had a few miles on these boots here is my over all review

Comfort

These are not Alpine star boots, that said they are comfortable I can walk around all day in them but they are not cushiony as the Alpine stars are.  You can tell you were in boots all day, but these are not walking boots are they.  On the bike they feel great, easy to move around great feel on the pegs, shifter and brake.

Air Flow

They sure push air, that said, I also rode in 40's weather and feel did not get that chilled.  Impressed as my Alpine stars froze my feet in 40's.  Air flow you feel in the cold, however there has been a few warm days here and I can say this compared to my very old SMX-2.s Way freaking better keeping these ol feet cool.

Look and Feel

They certainly look flimsy and cheaply made, I had reservations with the zipper now that the boot is fitted and broke in to my feet no worries.  Heal is average and provides good movement without a feel of being weak.  I still have reservations on durability, time will tell, so maybe I can change my mind after this season.

Over all Feeling

Personally I like the boot, for a low cost no frills non high dollar name brand cortech has a good product.  If you are budget conscious this boot will suffice for us tight wads.  If you are fashion conscious and need to be seen in the latest from al the high end go right ahead, riding aint a fashion show to me, I need items that work and are affordable.  Bottom line its a great boot for the money

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Dunno if it matters/helps but my race partner Wild Bill has rocked these exact boots for 4 years. He's mature and frugal (read your age & cheap 🙄) and been down at least 10 times in them. I was skeptical and ragged on him at the time about cheapin out but I am amazed how well they've held up and protected his duck feet. They look at little worse for wear but are still intact with no compromises. Very impressed.

I happen to wear TCX because they fit my feet very well.

• 1 month later...

posted in wrong thread

I was tortured by the Japanese during the war, Jack. Not a pretty story. Strange thing is they make such bloody good cameras.

Archived