The MT-07 Forum

Anyone running Bitubo front and back? What settings?

topazsparrow

topazsparrow

I asked to have it sprung for my weight + gear (180ish), and I'm wondering what a good starting point is for pre-load, rebound, comp, and the rear comp settings as a baseline.

Anyone have any experience setting their bitubo gear up?

35 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

I asked to have it sprung for my weight + gear (180ish), and I'm wondering what a good starting point is for pre-load, rebound, comp, and the rear comp settings as a baseline.

Anyone have any experience setting their bitubo gear up?

I know you cannot read this but I dont care, I just want to irritate the F**k out of you

Go to a track day, get with the suspension guy, pay them whatever $25 or 30 bucks to set you up,

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

topazsparrow
1 hour ago, r1limited said:

I know you cannot read this but I dont care, I just want to irritate the F**k out of you

Go to a track day, get with the suspension guy, pay them whatever $25 or 30 bucks to set you up,

Glad you care :P

There's one track within 1000 km of me and it costs 600 dollars a day to ride, no bueno. There's a few suspension shops around, but I what's the fun in that?

5 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

Glad you care :P

There's one track within 1000 km of me and it costs 600 dollars a day to ride, no bueno. There's a few suspension shops around, but I what's the fun in that?

You can go and get a base line.  That cost would or should not be more that $50 and maybe some education on how to adjust them to your liking.  No matter what anyone esle says, your individual style, riding aggression will be the factor as one shoe does not fit all.  My only care is for the bike  👉😈👈

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

its my understanding the general forum consensus says they are pretty decent outta the box... write the factory settings down on painters tape and put it on the fork tube so you have a reference to put them back to factory when your out and about ...then go play with them shiny clickers, see what happens when fork compression is fully open vs close...then go play with rebound, etc... you may end up leaving em at factory settings and need to add a few psi to the tires... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

topazsparrow
16 hours ago, norcal616 said:

its my understanding the general forum consensus says they are pretty decent outta the box... write the factory settings down on painters tape and put it on the fork tube so you have a reference to put them back to factory when your out and about ...then go play with them shiny clickers, see what happens when fork compression is fully open vs close...then go play with rebound, etc... you may end up leaving em at factory settings and need to add a few psi to the tires... 

Seems okay so far for sure, Played with the preload a bit on the front end to get the sag to 25mm. They where really stiff when I first installed em (well my buddy did it, hes a bike mechanic). Rear end sag is only 30mm or so, lots of people say it should be 40 - 45 with rider, so it's a bit stiff apparently. Rode it for a bit and the back end would skitter and bounce when I got on the back brake too hard - which is concerning, the front end not diving as much anymore should have reduced that. I'm chalking it up to the rear end being too stiff still for now.

Can't put many miles on it to truly dial it in until I sell my damn 2016 FJ-09. Dammit bike! WHY DOES NOBODY WANT YOU?! Also the roads are still absolutely plastered in gravel and sand from the winter.

front rider sag of only 25? add a healthy 12mm to that figure. Rear at 30 is not a problem per se though I would take a turn out of the spring. There's oodles of suspension tuning vids on YT - check out the 16 part series by Max McCallister for the best (IMO). Fork Comp should be set wide-open (soft) to start. If your shock has the high-speed Comp adjustment set it wide open as well. Find a suitable loop of road that gives you all kinds of situations to deal with. Get rebound to where you like it. Then play with compression.

If either end feels 'choppy' back OFF the rebound and try again.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Archived