The MT-07 Forum

What is size of chain adjustment nuts?

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

Anyone know the thread size and thread pitch of the 2 nuts used to set the chain adjustment? I think they are 12mm heads but I need to know the thread information so I can buy replacements.

There are 2 on each side of the rear wheel. I am NOT talking about the giant axle nut.

I have to adjust my chain every couple weeks or so, and I am just now realizing it is probably because I only have one nut on each side and it is no doubt working its way loose. I need another pair, and I have no desire to pay $2.95/ea + $10 shipping online when I can get them for $1 total at my local hardware store.

See part #25 from this page: https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/yam/53a99b08f8700220a4415847/rear-wheel

The actual part: https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/95333-08600-00/nut-hexagon

• Global Moderator

Why not take one of the nuts you have to a hardware store and find a screw that it fits.  That will show what nuts you need. 

AlbatrossCafe
1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

Why not take one of the nuts you have to a hardware store and find a screw that it fits.  That will show what nuts you need. 

Ah yes... sometimes I am amazed at my lack of common sense :-[

Nevermind, everyone!

• Premium Member

Your better off hitting up the local Fastnal store as they got nuts/bolts galore... even got a new lower rear shock bolt/nut for like $5 a few years ago...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

AlbatrossCafe

FYI - size is M8 x 1.25

Finding individual bolts/nuts is so infuriating. Tried Fastenal, they only sell "wholesale". Tried harbor freight, they only sell stuff in "462 piece nut/bolt/washer set", tried a local construction supply store and they didn't carry anything that small.

Eventually went to Lowe's and they barely stock any metrics. Ended up with a pack of 10 of those bolts for $1.50.

• Global Moderator

We have a great local hardware store in Bellingham called Hardware Sales.  They have everything there, it is just a matter of finding it, which is half the fun.  

Archived