The MT-07 Forum

My Givi case finally came in ^-^

zerofz07

My Givi V40 case finally came in. Recently I've been doing more long distance riding and my soft tail bag and saddlebags just didn't cut it when it rained. So got me this for the waterproof and extra space. Also when I go on rides I can leave my.helmet inside ^-^.

IMG_20180404_143317_618-805x805.jpg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

OK, it may be the forced perspective the camera angle is enabling... but it looks like the size of a  doghouse. I've got a pair of 36 liter side cases that look no where near that large. Others may disagree though.  😄

Congrats on the top case... It's sure to come in handy. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, DewMan said:

OK, it may be the forced perspective the camera angle is enabling... but it looks like the size of a  doghouse. I've got a pair of 36 liter side cases that look no where near that large. Others may disagree though.  1f604.png

Congrats on the top case... It's sure to come in handy. 1f44d.png

Yea it's the angle. It's not wider then the stock mirrors or and taller then it when I'm riding and I'm 5'9.

Really handy :)

Luggage can't be invisible. It's always "too big". But luggage makes a toy useful! A bike is not complete without (removable) luggage IMO. How does that sucker mount?

• Like 1

I have the same top case and although is big it's super convenient when you need it.

7 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Luggage can't be invisible. It's always "too big". But luggage makes a toy useful! A bike is not complete without (removable) luggage IMO. How does that sucker mount?

You have a mounting plate that is bolted to the bike and there is a quick release mechanism (with a lock) on the case so you can remove it easily. Just google Givi mounting plate and you'll see plenty of them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, shinyribs said:

20180331_180929-1280x960.jpg

20180331_180921-1280x960.jpg

20180403_141807-2268x3024.jpg

This rack (rail underneath the place) is rated for 6kg (13lbs) so small dogs (or spouses) only. Maybe a different rack, the one which can carry side bags and top box, have a higher max load.

I also wanted to make a box to bring my dog to the adventures with me but can't with this rack. :(

The rating is there for legal reasons. I have carried 2 large bags of cat litter for a total of 40kg.

I was actively trying not to wheelie all the time, but other than that the rack and case was fine.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sunblock said:

The rating is there for legal reasons. I have carried 2 large bags of cat litter for a total of 40kg.

I was actively trying not to wheelie all the time, but other than that the rack and case was fine.

Were you using the same rack as this one? I just don't have confidence in plastic hooks holding the box.

I understand that the rating is for legal reasons and real max load is way above rating, it's just that I'm scared for my doggo falling off with box in case of hard braking or bumps.

It's maybe because handling could be interesting if overloaded. :D Did you have a hard time keeping the front wheel down?

I have the same rack: Givi 2118FZ. My plate is the Givi M7 and my case is the Givi TRK52B.

Handling definitely feels weird, and I wouldn't recommend long distances with that much weight on the case. I never wheelied, but I accelerated smoothly and tried to shift my weight forward.

Don't worry I don't thing there is anything you can put in there that will damage the rack or the bike. Just don't go full throttle on green light. You'll be fine.

• 2 years later...

Old thread - but I've got some questions about the Givi Rack pictured above.

Specifically, I've got a Tail-Tidied '17 FZ.  I see that this rack has what appears to be a minor stabilizer part that mounts to the fender - but I'm scratching my head thinking it can't possibly be carrying much load. 

Like - could I get this rack, and mount it - simply omitting the bracket (labeled 03) on the installation doc ?

Can any of y'all who have actually handled the Givi Rack arms give a sense of how much work that little bracket is doing? And / or post a pic that really shows that part clearly?  I can almost see what's going on in this shot, but not quite...

Alternatively, i'm looking at the SW-Motech street rack that only mounts to the frame -- (but in that case, how is that much different than just mounting the Givi rack without the stabilizer?)

• 1 month later...

I have the same question as trucks44, I have a 2019 mt-07 abs with a tail tidy fitted, and am looking at the givi 2140fz rack.

Is the bracket which attaches to the original tail assembly necessary and support any weight?

Don't want to buy the rack and it not fit!