The MT-07 Forum

OK well not really a bike BUT..... Pretty cool

r1limited

Still not gonna feel like riding a motorcycle.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

37 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Still not gonna feel like riding a motorcycle.

We have a full cage rig for cars and the Oculos.  It is unbeliebaly realistic, the issue is not tossing your guts after a few laps, you really have to get used to the VR.  Seriously it fools your brain and it does feel freaking close to real

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

The problem with the bike is that on a real bike the force is outwards and helps you when you lean. On the stationary bike you are actually holding yourself up and it screws with you mind that the force is in the wrong direction ( like seasickness)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Wow that’s pretty cool. Never lowsided in a living room before.

I don't know what they modeled they "bike" from, but damn, it's actually a really nice looking bike. I really like that tail. Is it modeled after an actual bike?

LeanGP_02-1024x683.jpg

On 4/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, gregjet said:

The problem with the bike is that on a real bike the force is outwards and helps you when you lean. On the stationary bike you are actually holding yourself up and it screws with you mind that the force is in the wrong direction ( like seasickness)

It would be cool if you could actually lean this thing by countersteering, but that would require some pretty elaborate linkages. I haven't played a video game in over 20 years, but this looks fun. 

3 hours ago, shinyribs said:

It would be cool if you could actually lean this thing by countersteering, but that would require some pretty elaborate linkages. I haven't played a video game in over 20 years, but this looks fun. 

That too...

Archived