The MT-07 Forum

Puig Sport in blue....SEXY!

scordiaboy515

Where are your turn signals?Nice screen,does it deflect wind away from chest?That's my main problem approaching 70+ mph.Got bike up to 105 mph on Sunday and you really  have to hang on to handlebar and dock  :).I don't think I'll ever take it to top speed unless I install a screen that really helps with that wind on the chest problem  ::).

scordiaboy515
Where are your turn signals?Nice screen,does it deflect wind away from chest?That's my main problem approaching 70+ mph.Got bike up to 105 mph on Sunday and you really  have to hang on to handlebar and dock  :).I don't think I'll ever take it to top speed unless I install a screen that really helps with that wind on the chest problem  ::).
........the turn signals are LED strips, fronts are mounted on the radiator guards, the rears are mounted on the body work by the scalloped trim pieces by the seat (under your butt).  Just put it on and haven't done a test ride as of yet.....weather is crappy today....Mu6wXp9.jpg 

• Global Moderator

That would look awful on my bike, but mine is red. It looks fantastic on your gray one though.

• Premium Member

That blue sport screen really brings it all together. Sweet, clean bike.

scordiaboy515
That would look awful on my bike, but mine is red. It looks fantastic on your gray one though.
   Puig makes them in red also.....http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/yamaha-fz-07-2014/windscreen-naked-new-generation/c171en/f491-r121-m4568/ 

scordiaboy515
That blue sport screen really brings it all together. Sweet, clean bike.
    thanks quixote 

Man, that is NICE.

Slightly off topic... Do you have pics of the LED strips you did? I'm planning to use them for the rear - hadn't thought about the front on the radiator covers. Would love to see your set-up closer.

I swear I'm not TRYING to copy your bike haha. I think we have some very similar taste and you keep beating me to things! Well done brah!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator

@scordiaboy, I do not think the red one would look as good. The blue works so well with the frame and wheels. I will stick with my black screen. At least it matches my frame and wheels :)

wow...I would never have expected the blue to look that good from just seeing them pictured on the web site. I was thinking of getting the light smoke but after seeing the blue...I may have a change of heart. It looks awesome! kind of transformer-ish :D

Where did you buy it and for how much?

TwistedTorque

Hmmm.. Wondering how the red would have looked. Welp too late anyway. Black it is. The blue really looks fresh though.

scordiaboy515
wow...I would never have expected the blue to look that good from just seeing them pictured on the web site. I was thinking of getting the light smoke but after seeing the blue...I may have a change of heart. It looks awesome! kind of transformer-ish :D 
Where did you buy it and for how much?

......ordered it here, if you want to change the color other than what they have listed, put the new part # in the "comments" section when ordering 8-)........http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=2351 

scordiaboy515
Man, that is NICE.  
Slightly off topic... Do you have pics of the LED strips you did? I'm planning to use them for the rear - hadn't thought about the front on the radiator covers. Would love to see your set-up closer.

I swear I'm not TRYING to copy your bike haha. I think we have some very similar taste and you keep beating me to things! Well done brah!
   no prob man, glad I could be of help.  I will post some close-ups tomorrow on this thread...... :) 

scordiaboy, Have you noticed any significant difference on highway speeds with this shield? If so what speeds on bike and wind speed have you tested with?

Even though I prefer the look of the naked without the shield, doing ~80mph on the highway/freeway with wind speeds of about 15 mph, I get big time resistance on my helmet and chest unless I am tucked into the bike. I am looking into purchasing one of these, your thoughts?

scordiaboy515
scordiaboy, Have you noticed any significant difference on highway speeds with this shield? If so what speeds on bike and wind speed have you tested with? 
Even though I prefer the look of the naked without the shield, doing ~80mph on the highway/freeway with wind speeds of about 15 mph, I get big time resistance on my helmet and chest unless I am tucked into the bike. I am looking into purchasing one of these, your thoughts?
  I haven't road it at highway speeds as of yet, just around town.....I'm 5'8" so your height will have a different effect on how much wind deflection is achieved.  Planning a long ride with the budds over the weekend.  Puig also makes a touring version, it's 4 inches taller than the sport.    

TwistedTorque
The sport screen doesn't deflect too much. I've had mine for a few weeks and I've hit 80mph with it. I'm 5'6 and the wind gets pushed to about the upper shoulders. It deflects the wind away from the mid portion of the chest but that's about it. If your taller, might not have the same effect. You can certainly tuck some and that will help but I don't like tucking for long periods of time. Besides the wind feels great!

I can't speak for the touring model, but I know some others have it here on the forum who may have input.

TwistedTorque, the sports is the one I wanted to get as well. I'm 5'7 so the wind on the shoulders sounds better than the chest. Thanks for the input !

scordiaboy515

First ride today with the Puig sport,  not much protection or wind deflection to speak of.......looks great and compliments the front end nicely tho.

In my opinion that Puig looks better than the factory sport flysreen from yamaha. I think it comes up a tad bit more too. Anyone put the red screen on the red FZ yet? That would be interesting to see...

• 4 weeks later...
SouthernSpeed

Wow, that really does look sharp! matches the frame color very well

The torque on this thing is pretty addictive....

• 4 weeks later...

a bit off topic butwhen I bought the bike I wondered why they put the cheap plastic tops on the forks after I saw the pics you have it was an easy decision to leave them off seemed like they were trying to make people believe we had upside down forks we bought the bike with a standard fork so set it up the best you can and show it off put the traxxion fork kit in and left off the plastic tubes on the top your bike looks great thanks for the idea

Love it! This is the best looking FZ-07 I've seen yet. Nice work!

My bike history
-----------------
82 VT-500 Ascot
86 VFR Interceptor
04 MV Agusta F4 Brutale S (750)
10 Street Triple R
15 FZ-07 (arrived 12/6/2015)!!

Archived