The MT-07 Forum

Constands center stand and stock exhaust

HoosierInBayern

HoosierInBayern

Hi, I just picked up my new, for me, 2015 MT-07.  I purchase a centerstand here in Germany, manufacturer is Constands.

I held it up and can't for the life of me unterstand how it will fit over that fat OEM exhaust. Anyone have any experience with it?

It "looks" a lot like the SW Mototech center stand.  It's supposed to fit Yamaha MT-07 13-19 and MT-07 Tracer 16-19. The picture is

of a Trace, so that's no help.  Just unsure before I unpack it.

• Premium Member

I wasn't aware that anyone other than SW-Motech made a center stand for the FZ/MT-07. Several of us have the one from SW-Motech and have had no issue using it with the stock exhaust and "most" aftermarket exhaust options. It's nice to know there's another safety certified option for the MT-07 finally.

Pictures of the Constands model are difficult to come by but you can compare the one you have with the link to the SW-Motech above and compare. I'd specifically compare the amount of dip in the cross brace and the size of the foot pad since the footpad on the SW-Motech is where it's run into issues with at least one aftermarket exhaust.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out and we want pictures of your bike too. 😀✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

HoosierInBayern

False alarm. Sorry. I unpacked the center stand and noticed:

• there is a dip on the cross brace
  • the 2 mounting plates lower the attach point of the centerstand.
  • looks almost identical to the SW Mototech stand

It seems to be of good quality. I'll post pictures.

How do people support the bike for installation?

• Premium Member

There's no reason it can't be installed just from it sitting on it's side stand as long you don't mind laying on the ground to work.

(edit) OH wait! do I remember having to removed the side stand to install the center stand? if so I recommend the Venom motorcycle LIft stands or something like it. PItBull are the best brand but they're quiet pricey. the Venom stands are a quality alternative that are more cost effective. If you plan on doing most if not all you own maintenance and upgrade they'll be money well spent.

PS: if you get the Venom stand make sure the kit come with the 10 headlift pins since you'll need the 21mm(?) pin for the MT-07. If you get a kit without all 10 pins you'll need to buy the Venom Headlift Pins Kit #2 .I understand I posted US amazon link but I'm sure you can figure out if they're available in your country.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 3 weeks later...
HoosierInBayern

Well, I finally got around to installing the centerstand. I picked up a wheel stand to support the bike while working on it.

I started on the right side and following the rather sketchy instructions, I removed the 2 bolts to install the support plate.

Unfortunately, the holes for the bolts no longer line up. (I should probably have done one at a time?)

I'm clueless as to how to get them to line up again. Any ideas?

IMG_20190331_100812.png

IMG_20190331_100825.png

I installed mine with a side stand and I'm the guy that had trouble with my SW-Motech stand punching a hole in my Akra carbon fiber pipe. (problem easily solved) If I were in your shoes I would loosen all the bolts so that you can move that until it lines up and then hand start a bolt on it. 

Beemer

HoosierInBayern

OK, I finally managed to install it and it works great! The plate that goes down from the swingarm was poorly machined; the holes simply don't match up. By loosening the swingarm bolt and holding the plate at angle I was able to start the two bolts. Shame on Yamaha. Oh well.

IMG-20190406-WA0001.png

IMG-20190406-WA0003.png

IMG-20190406-WA0005.png

Archived