The MT-07 Forum

Dash relocation for the 2018 model

stev74

Hey guys!
Another forum mate helped me developing a dash relocation for the 2018 model.
I already made one for the old MT07/FZ07 version what I have in use for a long time...maybe some remember.

It should fit also for the 2019 version because from what I know there were no design changes.
But I can't verify it. Maybe someone in the future can tell me.

You can order the part from shapeways.com, a professional 3d printing service.
MT07 dash relocation for 2018 model

The pics I did with a self printed prototype. Shapeways parts looking much better.

Hope you'll like it. 
take care,
Stefan

_MG_6932_small.jpg

_MG_6933_small.jpg

_MG_6934_small.jpg

_MG_6935_small.jpg

_MG_6936_small.jpg

_MG_6937_small.jpg

_MG_6939_small.jpg

• Like 1

Another nice one, Stefan. Next question (unless I have missed it) is: is that fab replacement dash of yours available from the same source...yet?

Just do it! 

Can you advise on the changes in location? Did you go up and forward? By how much?

What was the point in the relocation? Was the original causing problems?

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, sansnombre said:

Can you advise on the changes in location? Did you go up and forward? By how much?

Thanks.

Some people complained that it was hard to access the key hole and others complained they had to look too far down to read the dash. They wanted it more in their peripheral vision than it was. (or wasn't)

Beemer

topazsparrow
51 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Some people complained that it was hard to access the key hole and others complained they had to look too far down to read the dash. They wanted it more in their peripheral vision than it was. (or wasn't)

Yamaha designed it to be outside of the peripheral vision! It's a naked bike, it's supposed to feel like you're zooming along with nothing infront of you!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

Yamaha designed it to be outside of the peripheral vision! It's a naked bike, it's supposed to feel like you're zooming along with nothing infront of you!

I totally agree! It's a little funny how some people have the inability to distinguish just what type of bike they're buying before they buy it and then complain about it's design after they buy it. 

Beemer

On 3/15/2019 at 12:32 PM, robbo10 said:

Another nice one, Stefan. Next question (unless I have missed it) is: is that fab replacement dash of yours available from the same source...yet?

Thank you!!!
Unfortunately I will not sell my analog replacement dash because I couldn't find a way to produce it in a good way. It would cost too much.

22 hours ago, sansnombre said:

Thanks.

I not measured it but with the relocation the dash is where it should be in my opinion. You can see it faaaar better.

@stev74 Are you able to share your .stl files or G-code?

Might fire one up at home and see what all the fuss is about . . .

Cheers.

Nice work, but I have a question on the 1st-gen model still offered on the website you linked above (and can't find an answer here after looking around for posts on the subject) - do the windscreen railmount brackets also available only work with the MotoCage flyscreen?  I have a smaller Pare-brise windscreen from Ebay (i.e. China/ AliExpress) which is similar in size, but not sure about mount, and would love to move the dash and still keep my small screen - plus I don't think the MotoCage screen is available here in the U.S.

1 hour ago, zooman72 said:

Nice work, but I have a question on the 1st-gen model still offered on the website you linked above (and can't find an answer here after looking around for posts on the subject) - do the windscreen railmount brackets also available only work with the MotoCage flyscreen?  I have a smaller Pare-brise windscreen from Ebay (i.e. China/ AliExpress) which is similar in size, but not sure about mount, and would love to move the dash and still keep my small screen - plus I don't think the MotoCage screen is available here in the U.S.

thank you! the other version is for the older MT-07/FZ07 model. In 2018 Yamaha changed the headlamp and so the older version does not fit. Thats why there are two versions out.
I'm quite sure the railmount what I offer will only fit with the motocage flyscreen. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sansnombre said:

@stev74 Are you able to share your .stl files or G-code?

Might fire one up at home and see what all the fuss is about . . . 

Cheers.

No I'm sorry. It was lots of work and measurement. It's just a hobby for me...but sometimes buying an icecream with money from the work I invested feels good :)

19 hours ago, stev74 said:

thank you! the other version is for the older MT-07/FZ07 model. In 2018 Yamaha changed the headlamp and so the older version does not fit. Thats why there are two versions out.
I'm quite sure the railmount what I offer will only fit with the motocage flyscreen. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I was interested as I have a 2015, and I was afraid of that - no worries, and thanks!

19 hours ago, stev74 said:

No I'm sorry. It was lots of work and measurement. It's just a hobby for me...but sometimes buying an icecream with money from the work I invested feels good :)

Sorry, didn't realize you were getting kickbacks for the 3D prints - thought it was an independent source.

Thanks again for your designs. Interesting stuff.

Here a installation video.
Thanks to Florian, a MT-07 friend who lives very close to me with a 2018 model.
Without him I wouldn't be able to design it.
He got a piece for free. :)

Just installed this and did a nice 200 mile ride yesterday.  Places the gauge perfectly for me.  I'm 6/2 and the stock location had me looking too far down.  Now it's just a quick glance without moving my head at all.   Also freed up space at the handlebar for other mounts.

Only gripes I have are very minor.  Still getting used to the look (stock location looked better IMO) and it's a tiny bit harder to reach the key.  The functionality far outweighs those things though.

Thanks for the great product!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, djfz07 said:

Just installed this and did a nice 200 mile ride yesterday.  Places the gauge perfectly for me.  I'm 6/2 and the stock location had me looking too far down.  Now it's just a quick glance without moving my head at all.   Also freed up space at the handlebar for other mounts.

Only gripes I have are very minor.  Still getting used to the look (stock location looked better IMO) and it's a tiny bit harder to reach the key.  The functionality far outweighs those things though.

Thanks for the great product!

thanks a lot for the feedback!!! I'm glad you like it overall :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do you have a video for the older model install?  Trying to picture how it would work for my 2016 because the turn signals are mounted over the headlight.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 2:20 AM, zooman72 said:

Edited by mickba
Shows 14-17 but also have 18 on.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...