The MT-07 Forum

Trouble installing Akra carbon

mountainmancorn

mountainmancorn

Hey, I can't tell if I got some wrong parts or if I'm just an idiot, but something must not be right.. the brackets for the connector pipe (the looped one) and the mufflercan are mis-aligned by about 90° and I can't tell for the life of me what I did wrong, and can't find another way to mount it. Any advice would be great, thank you.

IMG_20190412_165400.jpg

Edited by mountainmancorn

Looks like your muffler is rotated the wrong way. Unbolt the muffler support, take the springs off, and slide it off. Then reposition the muffler support, the logo on the muffler should be facing towards you when you're standing on that side of the bike, not pointing straight up in the air. 

• Like 1

mountainmancorn

I thought the muffler support only fit the muffler one way. Do you mean the carbon fiber strap or the metal piece on the rear sets?

mountainmancorn

Just kidding, I'm just dumb. With the washers on other side of the strap, everything mounts to the outside of the mounting bracket. Not a side of the strap on either side of the bracket. Thanks for the help! I just needed another look on it

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, mountainmancorn said:

Hey, I can't tell if I got some wrong parts or if I'm just an idiot, but something must not be right.. the brackets for the connector pipe (the looped one) and the mufflercan are mis-aligned by about 90° and I can't tell for the life of me what I did wrong, and can't find another way to mount it. Any advice would be great, thank you.

IMG_20190412_165400.jpg

did you have trouble putting the headers in the exhaust port? it doesn't seem to fit flush inside 

9 hours ago, cboogie98 said:

did you have trouble putting the headers in the exhaust port? it doesn't seem to fit flush inside 

I had to get creative with mine. I used 550 cord to pull the headers together a little so they would slide down in to the exhaust ports. 

longrider1951
On 4/12/2019 at 6:23 PM, SixSpeeder said:

Looks like your muffler is rotated the wrong way. Unbolt the muffler support, take the springs off, and slide it off. Then reposition the muffler support, the logo on the muffler should be facing towards you when you're standing on that side of the bike, not pointing straight up in the air. 

What he said.