The MT-07 Forum

Another windscreen option

steviede

Here in Canada, the Givi DS Profile (076-A2118) is out of stock (importations Thibault is the distributor). The cost is 135.99$ CAN.

I have to admit that this windscreen is the only one that look good enough to change my mind and buy a windscreen. Weather is getting cold over here. :'(

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Looks nice and appears to be wider than the others. That's the main issue I have with the wind screens available, they all look narrow. From the 3/4 view the look alright but from straight on with how low the light is, it just looks off.

great screen wanted one from day one many calls to givi with no stock or time frame so I ordered a ermax highdoes look great on the bike though

it looks really nice, works pretty well too. 

How well does it works? Where on your body do you feel the wind at highway speed? Thanks 

I do a lot of highway miles. Right now, I love that the bike is stable at high speeds with 15+ mph winds. To echo what @cassecou asked, how much of a difference does it make at free way speeds?

For side wind gust, is it acting as a sail and changing the trajectory? Without any screen, currently the airflow is really smooth onto the helmet. Does the screen change that into a buffeting flow?

Thanks for any input :)

not at all trying to take over a post but
installed ermax high screen and took it out last night probably 3 miles on the highway
looked down and was doing 70 and didn't know it
theses screens are all real small but it seemed to take most of the pressure off the chest and pretty clean on the helmet
before screen its hard to ride above 60, it was clean air just a lot of it. I also drive a c650gt bmw so used to no air flow on the highway
it was in the 30s when I took it over to my other garage to put in the traxxion fork bits ( hopefully this weekend)
so I didn't go to far
I live in mn and its getting cold, like in the teens this weekend
for the record there are a lot of great looking screens I assume they all block pretty close to the same amount of air
just the difference in turbulence on the helmet and the ermax seems pretty good
having a hard time getting pics up so you will just have to believe me
I know no pics didn't happen

Thanks @gtmn. Good to know. It's getting really windy here in DC. Last couple of days it's been like being in a wind tunnel experiment.

again it was only about 3 miles but felt pretty good and clean to me
I ride with a agv blade, sort of a half helmet. so I would assume if some one had a full face helmet should be even beter
the air was hitting me rite at the neck line. I know cause it was cold as hell
mine is the tall version and im 5'10"
I would think any of the short screens would have no or very little turbulence
even the tall one I got is still very short. just to direct enough air to get it off your chest
and I like the look

• 2 weeks later...

That Givi windshield is definitely looking good.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 3 months later...

I went with the Fabbri Gen-X Touring. They have a sport option too. Haven't ridden with it yet, but I know afew guys on the site have them.

7dc0f449e0a9a67ba4b3a89f7cead244.jpg

d10ad3a8d7ee20d3e9a0c2fdca77150f.jpg

Archived