The MT-07 Forum

Modified stock exhaust vs. akrapovic / others

bruceyfz

Bought my fz07 and the previous owner had drilled holes to modify the exhaust. I don't mind the sound but I'm looking to get an aftermarket exhaust with a fuel controller. I'm wondering if anyone has heard the sound of a modified stock exhaust compared to an aftermarket (or if anyone tried the stock exhaust mod and then switched to an aftermarket exhaust).

I'm looking for something louder, but don't want to purchase an aftermarket if its going to end up being just as loud as the stock exhaust. Any help would be appreciated! 

• Premium Member

I don't know how many holes of what size they drilled in your OEM baffle/exhaust so it would be hard to guess how loud your current muffler is. But in general almost all aftermarket exhausts will be louder than the unmodified OEM exhaust even with the included baffle and annoyingly loud without their baffle.

If you don't want louder... don't get an aftermarket exhaust.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

22 minutes ago, DewMan said:

I don't know how many holes of what size they drilled in your OEM baffle/exhaust so it would be hard to guess how loud your current muffler is. But in general almost all aftermarket exhausts will be louder than the unmodified OEM exhaust even with the included baffle and annoyingly loud without their baffle.

Must have not been too clear; oops. I definitely want louder! I would be disappointed if I dished out $1000 for an exhaust that was only just as loud as my modified exhaust!

mossrider
7 minutes ago, bruceyfz said:

Must have not been too clear; oops. I definitely want louder! I would be disappointed if I dished out $1000 for an exhaust that was only just as loud as my modified exhaust!

Get the Yosh pipe, sounds nice, comes with a removable baffle and is cheap at $629 compared to many others. And if you don't like it I know someone who's always looking for a replacement for a crashed one. 

😁

49 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Some people also upgrade exauhst and get a ECU tune to increase power. If that's you, save some money on that exhaust and get a performance package from @2wheeldynoworks . 

The yosh kit gets you 8 more HP, the Graves gets you 9 hp and more TQ.