The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Titanium (full) with PCV

Hosedragger

Hi all just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.... I have researched to the point of exhaustion mostly do to ignorance on the subject and how far the technology has come but anyway. I recently settled on and bought the Akrapovic full Ti full system it will be going on a 2019 MT 07. with a PCV, stock filter, snorkel on baffle in. I know also that a Servo Buddy isn't needed. I'm not looking for huge gains just a bit more sound and a little less weight. I don't plan on racing this bike is primarily a commuter and "therapy" bike. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything either

Edited by Hosedragger

I just put on a akra ti on my 2019. I don't have baffle in and its LOUD.

I would not use the power commander. Not because it is bad but because its a hassle to install.

Also, with your setup (stock filter with snorkel, and akra ti baffle in) tuning is not a necessity.  The akra ti was designed (with baffle in) to work with stock tuning. 

Other than that, bolt 'er up and grip n' rip it!!

• Like 1

I believe that you'll find that it is generally recommended that the full snorkel be removed with the Akro Ti system.  This may necessitate a re-flash of the ECU, which again the  majority will also highly recommend.  Congrats on the Akro Ti.  I have the same and enjoy it quite a lot (baffle in).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geophb said:

I just put on a akra ti on my 2019. I don't have baffle in and its LOUD.

I would not use the power commander. Not because it is bad but because its a hassle to install.

Also, with your setup (stock filter with snorkel, and akra ti baffle in) tuning is not a necessity.  The akra ti was designed (with baffle in) to work with stock tuning. 

Other than that, bolt 'er up and grip n' rip it!!

I'm not doing the install, I saved money knowing I have neither the time nor the know-how. Once all is installed that is going to be it......also I thought the catalytic converter had to be added for it not to be tuned??

Edited by Hosedragger

45 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I believe that you'll find that it is generally recommended that the full snorkel be removed with the Akro Ti system.  This may necessitate a re-flash of the ECU, which again the  majority will also highly recommend.  Congrats on the Akro Ti.  I have the same and enjoy it quite a lot (baffle in).

It looks like there are 2 maps on Power Commander's site, 1 for stock air filter and 1without the snorkel. I just prefere leaving the snorkel on to keep it close to stock...

• Like 2