The MT-07 Forum

Danmoto XG-1 (yeah yeah I know)

CityH00n

Hey all! New to the site, glad to be a new member of the community. So anyways I cheaped out on my exhaust and got the Danmoto XG-1 it’s basically a damn straight pipe, thing is too loud almost - although I do appreciate it gets other motorists attention - driving in city traffic blows as I’m sure most of y’all know, nobody pays attention. I figured these pipes would get some attention and boy do they, they’re deafening. Now to the real question, I know because of bs Cali emissions this bike is already running a little lean and I don’t want to cause any major problems down the road. Does anybody have any suggestions for adjusting fuel with ejk? Should I just run a basic map set for other fil exhaust with no dB killer or would it need even more fuel because it’s a danmoto lol I’ve ran it on the same settings for akro without db killers and it’s running better than before but with how open these are i was wondering what y’all would suggest as far as what settings I should run the ejk on. I don’t ever go to the track, goin around town and enjoy nice backroad or interstate rides, looking for power but not building a race machine. How would you guys adjust the ejk settings? It’s basically a straight pipe so it’s wide open. Thanks for input

Why not swing by the local dyno shop and drop some coin. Only sure way to know what your AFR's are. Then you'd know what your ejk settings should be and you'd have a pass to show power to boot. Not only that you'd make some invaluable new friends and support our sport. Most local shops have affordable run deals for inquisitive riders to get a simple 'pull' and some hp #'s. They should also be able to offer exhaust gas ratios and even full tunes for a little more $. Burn a valve due to guessing at your settings and you'll pay 5 times the cost of tuning in repairs. Just saying.

• Like 1

I like what @mossrider says, but if that's not possible . . .

EJK website has all sorts of tuning info for you, and their staff can answer questions about combinations not listed.

They also have a tool that you can rent that measures AFR on the fly, and you can use that as you ride to see what's going on. If I'm not mistaken you may need an additional bung on the exhaust to have the O2 sensor active while you're doing this. Not sure, though.

I had the EJK on my bike initially. It was decent and helped, but the reflash by 2WDW was awesome - no complaints.

Good luck.