The MT-07 Forum

Genuine Yamaha USB outlet for MT07

Hi all,

I see a lot of FZ/MT owners in Europe and Canada installing THIS USB CONNECTOR

I can't seem to find anywhere in the US to buy this and if try and buy it from Canada they won't ship to the US.  Does anyone know why this isn't available in the US?  I tried searching the forum for if this has been asked before and couldn't find anything but apologies in advance if this is an old question!

Thanks

Karl

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I also don’t see it on the USA Yamaha website, not sure why. I see the genuine part is also available in Europe. You could purchase it on the USA eBay website, there are UK sellers that carry that genuine Yamaha part, just shop for the best price and reputable seller. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

I also don’t see it on the USA Yamaha website, not sure why. I see the genuine part is also available in Europe. You could purchase it on the USA eBay website, there are UK sellers that carry that genuine Yamaha part, just shop for the best price and reputable seller. 

Yeah i saw that some UK sellers list them on US Ebay... but the postage cost is pretty much the same as the item.  I moved here from the UK 5 years ago was planning on going back in the summer to see my kids so I could've got one of them to order it and brought it back with me... although with this COVID thing going on i doubt that's going to be possible.

The main reason for my question was the confusion around it NOT being available in the US.  It's available in the whole of Europe, Canada and Australia/New Zealand.  My worry was that there is a technical reason or something why they don't sell it here?  I haven't looked, but i assume the connector this plugs into exists on US models?