The MT-07 Forum

New MT-07 and new rider

cheetahman023

cheetahman023

Just got my license Sept and just purchased 2020 MT-07.  So far no modification just trying to get acquainted with the bike.  I have been lucky to have friends that are patient while I get experience riding.  

I would like to know when would you use an Engine guard vs sliders?  I would like to protect my investment / MT-07.  Any recommendations make/model and why choose one vs another greatly appreciated .  I understand so many aftermarket parts for this bike.

I like the Evotech sliders that I put on mine (they have been 'used'!). They fix at the engine/frame mounting. There there is less likelihood of damage to the frame there. And I personally do not like the look of crash bars. 

• Like 2

Just do it! 

Welcome to the forum!

I installed Wometech fork and rear sliders/spools and bar ends.  you can get them from TST Industries.  I went with the R&G racing ones first but they aren't a good fit.  The Wometech ones go on better, look better and seem better quality i think.

I also went with their LED turn signals to get rid of the rediculous pumpkins that the bike comes with

First change for me was a MotoDynamics Fender eliminator

i took some photos but they are too big. 

front spools.jpg

rear spools.jpg

turn signals.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, and here are the pictures of the USB kit you PM'd me about (I worked out how to make the pictures smaller)

USB1.jpg

USB2.jpg

cheetahman023
1 hour ago, Karlos said:

Oh, and here are the pictures of the USB kit you PM'd me about (I worked out how to make the pictures smaller)

USB1.jpg

USB2.jpg

@Karlos I had similar idea how are the quadlock and USB secured?

I thought you might ask....  The USB comes with the mount

USB3.jpg

Edited by Karlos
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, cheetahman023 said:

Have you installed sliders on the fork and/or rear spool?

Yes, front and rear fitted. I also put walking stick ferrules on the bar ends  (cheap as chips and a saviour). 

• Like 1

Just do it! 

cheetahman023

I'm deciding on purchasing sliders.  The torque specs mentioned on this link does it apply to 2020 MT-07 as well?  I have checked my owners manual.  However, it only covers torque specs for spark plugs, oil filter and axle/ locknut.

Should I be concerned how much torque I apply when installing the sliders?

• Global Moderator
59 minutes ago, cheetahman023 said:

I'm deciding on purchasing sliders.  The torque specs mentioned on this link does it apply to 2020 MT-07 as well?  I have checked my owners manual.  However, it only covers torque specs for spark plugs, oil filter and axle/ locknut.

Should I be concerned how much torque I apply when installing the sliders?

The torque values for the 2020 will be the same as older models as the engine mounts have not changed.  

You want to torque it to the correct value and I check mine every few months (so far they have not loosened in over five years so that is probably not necessary, but it makes me feel better). 

cheetahman023
1 hour ago, mjh937 said:

The torque values for the 2020 will be the same as older models as the engine mounts have not changed.  

You want to torque it to the correct value and I check mine every few months (so far they have not loosened in over five years so that is probably not necessary, but it makes me feel better). 

Thanks for the update

I do remember worrying slightly about the tightening of the wheel sliders. I do not think I torqued them but I remember I was concerned over tightening. 

Just do it!