The MT-07 Forum

Engine differences year to year?

luke2152

I'm on a Tenere 700 and I'm looking for a spare engine to tinker, try stuff on and swap in and out as needed.

-I understand the engine is completely inter changeable with the current MT07 CP2. I'm not so sure about the earlier CP2's.

-Have they changed much/at all over the years (6 years isn't it)? I'm sure the engine management has changed a little but in terms of internal parts and external dimensions are the earlier ones going to be compatible?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, luke2152 said:

I'm on a Tenere 700 and I'm looking for a spare engine to tinker, try stuff on and swap in and out as needed.

-I understand the engine is completely inter changeable with the current MT07 CP2. I'm not so sure about the earlier CP2's.

-Have they changed much/at all over the years (6 years isn't it)? I'm sure the engine management has changed a little but in terms of internal parts and external dimensions are the earlier ones going to be compatible?

I have heard of no changes over the years.  I bought my fz07 in 2016 and now own a 2020 XSR700 as well.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

Aleksandar13

I am wondering the same... I want to get some mt07 cams and get them to Kent cams for a sharper profile... Was wondering if that is interchangeable... Also found a ported head from an mt07. 

I own a T700 supermoto. 

Aleks 

14 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

I am wondering the same... I want to get some mt07 cams and get them to Kent cams for a sharper profile... Was wondering if that is interchangeable... Also found a ported head from an mt07. 

I own a T700 supermoto. 

Aleks 

If that’s the ported head on eBay check that the cam caps are present, I don’t see them in the pictures.

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
39 minutes ago, AP996 said:

If that’s the ported head on eBay check that the cam caps are present, I don’t see them in the pictures.

That was the one... I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I am a bit reluctant to put that on my bike... Would you know anyone who is able to port mine, this will be a long term shot as I don't plan to do the head until the end of this season... 👍🏼 

Aleks 

2 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

That was the one... I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I am a bit reluctant to put that on my bike... Would you know anyone who is able to port mine, this will be a long term shot as I don't plan to do the head until the end of this season... 👍🏼 

Aleks 

Maybe Zoran @twf can help?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aleksandar13 said:

Aleks 

Like AP996 said, that head is worthless if it does not have cam caps. 

• Like 1

Aleksandar13
16 minutes ago, twf said:

Like AP996 said, that head is worthless if it does not have cam caps. 

Thank you for the heads up... 👍🏼