The MT-07 Forum

Graves Exhayst

kev1360

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the video. Hard to tell the mic was so far away. I've ordered mine through Dobeck. I liked the Graves because of the weight savings also.

• Premium Member

I agree... The look is the slickest. I think it is the best looking out there. It follows the angles of the bike well and the canister is shaped perfectly matching the lines of the bike, but the sound is a bit soft and subtle. GREAT VIDEO THOUGH.

FYI... I have a Yoshimura and EJK fuel controler on order from Dobeck. For the price and sound I chose it over the Graves.

I agree... The look is the slickest. I think it is the best looking out there. It follows the angles of the bike well and the canister is shaped perfectly matching the lines of the bike, but the sound is a bit soft and subtle. GREAT VIDEO THOUGH.  
FYI... I have a Yoshimura and EJK fuel controler on order from Dobeck. For the price and sound I chose it over the Graves.
Just as an FYI the Graves system has a removable sound insert. If you remove it the sound level and power increase a fair amount.  

Hey kev1360 and schalike, just installed the EJK on my FZ-07. Install was easy. Two things that are note worthy though, the first being disconnecting the fuel line from the tank. Thanks to Jake answering my plea for help, I was able to disconect the line. When you get to that point you'll see the connector with an orange release that you slide. Just sliding the release will not allow you to free the fuel line. With the orange release slid out of the way you must also then grasp both sides of the disconnect 90 degrees to the orange connector, depress, then pull it free.
The second part is disconnecting the OEM leads to the injectors and plugging the EJK plug/leads to the injectors. There is not a lot of room and you find the right one easy but the left one to be more challenging. Infact for the left one I used a needle nose pliers to depress the release and gab the opposite side of the plastic OEM plug and pull it up. They actually slide right off when the release is depressed enough. To attach the EJK plug/lead I used the needle nose again to afix it to the injector for the left side. The right one you can do just with a thumb and forefinger.

You'll find the programing so simple and easy. So nice to not need a computer. Any questions feel free to get in touch with me.

Archived