The MT-07 Forum

MT07 2018 - 2021 Yamaha Paint Color Code Guide

emtee07

*Mods, please move if this is the wrong forum category. Maybe make a sticky if it proves accurate and helpful? Thank you.

* 30/06/21 - Formatting text layout

INTRO

This is a brief guide to help identify the colour code and matching part number for the various models of MT-07 that were face lifted from 2018 to 2020. I have also included the new updated 2021 model. This information was collected from USA and EU / UK regions but may also work for other regions too.

This should help when ordering replacement body panels that are painted in the colour you require or when carrying out paint repairs and matching the colours. For example, when ordering a new fuel tank side panel or the small side covers under the pillion seat.

1. PART NUMBER EXAMPLE

Here is an example of the part number for the fuel tank left side panel for a USA 2018 MT-07 in Intensity White.

B4C-24129-00-P3

Notice the part number ends in P3.

This last letter and digit correspond to the colour of the MT-07 in that year. The model colour is known as Intensity White and the paint code is BWP1. This stands for Bluish White Pearl 1.

I have also listed the paint code abbreviations and their full name.

*** Please note ***

This is purely a guide I created when I was trying to find the correct part number I needed. It should only be used as a reference to help and you should always contact an authorised Yamaha dealer if in doubt. I don’t hold any responsibly for parts that are ordered or painted incorrectly.

If you discover any errors please let me know and I will update the post :)

2. PAINT NAMES AND ABBREVIATIONS

Paint codes for 2018-2021:

Team Yamaha Blue  
DPB  
Deep Purplish Blue  

Yamaha Blue  
Metallic Blue (short name)  
DPBMC  
Deep purplish blue metallic  

Icon Blue  
DPBMC  
Deep purplish blue metallic  

Night Fluo  
Satin grey (short name)  
MNM3  
Matte Grey metallic 3  

Matte Grey  
MN  
Matte Grey  

Tech black  
Satin black (short name)  
MDNM6  
Matte ???  

Matt Raven Black  
Matte Black (short name)  
MDN  
Matte Dark Grey???  

Intensity White  
Metallic white (short name)  
BWP1  
Bluish white Pearl 1  

Ice Fluo  
Light matte grey (short name)  
MLNM  
Matte light grey metallic  

Breaker Cyan  
BSA  
Blue ???  

*** Note 1 ***

I have come across various other names for Yamaha paint codes but sometimes they seem to correspond to the same colour. The best way to identify the colour you need is by the year of manufacture of your MT-07 and the region as Yamaha only seem to release 3 different colours each year in each region. For example: Black, Blue and one other such as Ice Fluo. They also vary the model colour names across regions too. For example, Tech Black and Matte Raven Black but they are likely the same colour.

*** Note 2 ***

You will notice that sometimes the ‘P’ number is used across different years and regions under different model colours. For example, the 2019 USA Matte Raven Black and 2019 UK/EU Tech Black share the same P2 number but the paint code various slightly: MDN and MDNM6. I cannot confirm if the paint colours are in fact different or the variation in model colour name between the two regions is simply an admin difference. I would “guess” the colours are the same IF the part numbers match.

*** Note 3 ***

The 2021 Storm Fluo and Yamaha Blue / Tech Blue model colours do not have matching fuel tank covers and rear side covers. They are different so be aware of the different ‘P’ number in the part number. It looks like Storm Fluo has black rear side covers and Yam / Tech Blue has grey rear side covers.

3. MODEL NAMES AND REGION ‘P’ NUMBERS

Below I have categorised the different model colours, paint codes and ‘P’ numbers by year and region. (USA and EU / UK)

2018 USA:  
Matte Gray (MN) P1  
Team Yamaha Blue (DPB) P0  
Intensity White (BWP1) P3  

2019 USA:  
Ice Fluo (MLN) P4  
Matte Raven Black (MDN) P2  
Breaker Cyan (BSA) P5  

2020 USA:  
Matte Raven Black (MDN) P2  
Ice Fluo (MLN) P4  

2021 USA:  
Matte Raven Black (MDN) P1  
Storm Fluo (PGD) 3E  

2018 UK/EU:  
Night Fluo (MNM3) P1  
Tech Black (MDNM6) P2  
Yamaha Blue (DPBMC) P0  

2019 UK/EU:  
Ice Fluo (MLNM4) P4  
Tech Black (MDNM6) P2  
Yamaha Blue (DPBMC) P0  

2020 UK/EU:  
Ice Fluo (MLNM4) P4  
Tech Black (MDNM6) P2  
Yamaha Blue (DPBMC) P0  

2021 UK/EU:  
Storm Fluo (PGD) 3E  
Icon Blue (DPB) P0  
Tech Black (MDN) P1  

Side Notes:

I noticed these things when researching the information for this guide and are purely for reference and may be inaccurate:

* Grey is signified with an ‘N’ and I believe it stands for Nimbus Grey.

* Maybe ‘DN’ in the black colours stands for Dark Nimbus.

* Metallic is abbreviated as ‘MC’

* I have no idea what Breaker Cyan BSA stands for. Any guesses? Blue Satin Aqua?

* There are 6 ‘P’ numbers between 2018-2020 (P0-P5) indicating 6 different colours used during this time: Blue, Dark Grey, Black, White, Light Grey, Cyan Blue.

* 2021 Storm Fluo colour ‘P’ number is different from the previous letter/number identification. Storm Fluo is shown as 3E at the end of the part number. This is only the case for the fuel tank covers and front headlight side covers. The rear side covers under the pillion seat are not the same colour with Storm Fluo. (Nor the blue model)

4. USA MODEL CODES

I also figured out the various model codes for USA as seen on parts websites such as Partzilla etc. I believe this model code represents the colour of the bike.

However I need some clarification on one point as I cannot figure out what the abbreviation means. (See below)

It appears the MT07 follows an alphabetical model sequence each year starting from J in 2018. Followed by K, L, M respectively. Below is an example of a USA 2018 in Intensity White colour.

MT07JW

There is also:

MT07JCW

Note the ‘C’ in the model code. I am unsure what this represents. I guessed the following:

C for Canada market.

C for California (I believe California has different emissions regulations?)

The power restricted version (Is this model in the USA market?) Similar to the A2 version in the EU/UK or LAMS version in Australia.

Some websites show ‘CA’ but again, this could mean Canada or California.

Can anyone help with this point?

5. MODEL CODE AND ABBREVIATION 

Below I have listed the various models for each year and their colour. The model abbreviation (eg; JW) may be found in the bikes VIN number or on its identification plate.

Team Yamaha Blue

JL

JCL

Intensity White

JW

JCW

Matte Grey

JGY

JCGY

Breaker Cyan Blue

KL

KCL

Matte Raven Black

KB

KCB

Ice Fluo (Grey)

KGY

KCGY

Team Yamaha Blue

LL

LCL

Matte Raven Black

LB

LCB

Ice Fluo (Grey)

LGY

LCGY

Team Yamaha Blue

ML

MCL

Matte Raven Black

MB

MCB

Storm Fluo (Grey)

MGY

MCGY

Notes:

I have found the EU/UK follows a different model identification format. Some similarities could be found but essentially the sequencing is represented by different numbers and letters. For example, a 2019 model is shown as B4C9. Consider this when ordering parts from a different region.

I will continue to update this guide if new info is discovered.

Hope it helps! :)

* Just sorting text formatting  
Updated 28/06/21

* Edit layout 28/06/21

* Add additional model info 30/06/21

Edited by emtee07
  • Like 2