The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic titanium DB killer stuck, PLEASE HELP (euro 4)

rickchardet

Hey everyone, 

EDIT: Got it out by using A LOT, and i mean A LOT of WD-40 sprayed into the gaps around the DB killer and hammering on some vise grips. The MT-09 Db killer sounds really nice :D

I already knew getting the db killer out of the euro 4 akra titanium was a pain, but i've been literally hammering it from the inside with a piece of wood/hammer and pulling the outside with a pair of vice grips for 2 hours and it hasn't moved a millimeter... Anyone have more tips? Like i said, i've hammered from the inside, pulled from the outside, sprayed in WD-40, heated the outside, without any luck.... I bought the exhaust second hand and the DB killer has been removed and modified before, so i'm sure it CAN come out, but it won't. Here is a pic from the inside of the exhaust looking at the back of the DB killer where i've been hitting it. 

20211125_152543.jpg

Edited by rickchardet

Sometimes they can be tough coming out.  That looks like it is all smashed up.  It is difficult to tell from the photo but it almost looks like it is stuck since it appears to be  behind the lip.  If you haven't already I'd try to remove the can and hope to get lucky by working on it on a bench.  If you are not lucky it looks like it would be a destroy to get out.

1 hour ago, union said:

Sometimes they can be tough coming out.  That looks like it is all smashed up.  It is difficult to tell from the photo but it almost looks like it is stuck since it appears to be  behind the lip.  If you haven't already I'd try to remove the can and hope to get lucky by working on it on a bench.  If you are not lucky it looks like it would be a destroy to get out.

I got it out, MORE WD-40, A LOT MORE, and hammering on Vise Grips seemed to do the trick. Put in the 09 baffle and that is stuck now 😆 But i'm okay with that, sounds great!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1